Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are any of you sitting inside through this heatwave?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are any of you sitting inside through this heatwave?

It's been too hot to go outside for more than a week, and it's going to be even hotter this week. There are only so many movies you can sit through.

What do you do to kept yourself entertained? I could clean, but that's not fun.

Tropical Heatwave

Even here in Northern California we have those times where the weather is unbearable - and most homes do not have air conditioning. When the weather is like that I go to the Public Library which is always well air conditioned. While I am there I can read book or magazines and they also have computers available to the general public. Another alternative is the local shopping mall. I have parked myself in the food court with a book several times. I am not the only one either.

Hope these suggestions are of some help. Good luck. Btw, today it is only supposed to get up to 78 degrees here.

Comment

Indoors in the Big Apple

Absolutely. High 90's here with high humidity=recipe for disaster. I don't just wilt, I fade, and often feel the after-effects for days or weeks---very scary. Am getting day-and-night cramps up and down my legs and feet start to drag. Even under the AC I feel as if I'm wired to the sky.
      I always wonder if others have the same experience---it's
      insanely impractical. I work part-time and certain days have no choice but to go out.

I'm lucky to have a special parking permit and basically just live in AC from home to car and back. No outdoor events. Movies are good... Dinner with friends... Museums with scooter but not always worth the effort... Serenity and humor get me through.

Comment

most public places will be air-conditioned. Choose whatever you enjoy and make the best out of a situation that you have no control over ( the weather). I hope it cools down for you!
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

I tried to spend yesterday outside at the lake with family and friends, but the heat kept me in. I get very dizzy and wobbly and could only stay out a half hour

Comment

Dizzy and wobbly. That's it exactly. I had to stay outside yesterday and am useless today. Tired arms and legs. Tight muscles. Never should have stayed out yeasterday.

I'm going to put a comedy in. There's a target at the mall, so I can justify going for bread and lunch.

A museum is a great idea! The aquariums are usually cool, too.

And the librar. Why didn't that occur to me. I sit and read here. Reading there is at least getting out of these four walls.

Thank you, everyone.

Comment

Sitting in the sun :-(

I do not like the heat because it makes me so weak. We went to a music festival and when I tried to get up my legs stopped working. Should I do physical therapy to make me stronger?
              What do we think?
              24 years

Comment

I still work out in the heat...I take lots of water breaks and usually take a 2 hour nap in the worst of it.

Has to be done...
                j
                Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

I have been using a phase-change cooling vest in NYC this week. I have to walk 10 blocks in the late afternoon to pick up my toddler son from day care each day. The vest helps even though it does add bulk under my shirt and I look ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                  X