Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any evidence pseudos are signs of things to come?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any evidence pseudos are signs of things to come?

Evening all. I know a pseudo exacerbation is not the same as a 'real' exacerbation, less than 48 hours, goes away with rest or when you cool down, yadda, yadda.

However, it can't be a sign all is well, if your legs tingle after a short walk or your vision goes briefly dodgy if you get too hot.

Every permanent symptom I've now been blessed/ cursed with is in exactly the areas where once I had pseudo symptoms.

Left leg, used to tingle and get a bit weak after a long walk (those were the days). Rest for a while, all was fine.

Had the odd actual flare over the years, same places, now am SPMS.

Now I just wonder, do we take this pseudo stuff too lightly?

Speaking only anecdotally I do believe there is likely some correlation.

I remember seeing Annette Funicello in an interview years ago before she got real bad. She said before diagnosis she used to wake up with her arm numb and tingling and just thought she slept on it wrong and it would appear it only went down hill from there. It terrifies me because like so many of us I have the same thing.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

Yep. Same here. Ive been having tingling on my left side, hand arm and foot. Along with some left leg pain all day yesterday and seems to have went away today. But, like you, I wonder (worry) that these are the areas where an actual relapse is coming soon. That's what really sucks about this terrible disease, THE UNKNOWN....

Comment

Originally posted by Thinkimjob View Post
        Every permanent symptom I've now been blessed/ cursed with is in exactly the areas where once I had pseudo symptoms.
        Now that you mention it.... yup!
        Jen
        RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
        "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Working...
        X