Need Help with Nerves in Legs and Feet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help with Nerves in Legs and Feet

It is just another day with MS. And the sx's just keep on coming.

I need help with my nerves in my legs and feet.

Neuro knows of my nerve issues and says that part of my problem he thinks is RLS.

I was given meds for that and it really has not helped long term.

The Requip helped at first and now after 3 months has not.

The nerve issues seem to be getting worse. I was taking Neurontin up to 1800mgs a day.

My big toes on both feet are numb and tingling as well as down my legs.

Thought it might go away with more exercise and stretching but to no avail.

Does anyone else have these sx's.

My recent blood work showed no new concerns. My neuro and pcp are happy with the results.

They just seem to take a cavalier attitude that it is the MS and just increase my dosage.

I am getting another opinion from an MS neuro from the city.

I hate to bother them when these new sx's pop up, but I am concerned that with the meds I take to mask the sx's because of pain am I doing more damage.

Anyone have any thoughts or are going through the same thing?
    STR

I don't know. My feet and legs are basically useless, although I can still lurch about.
    People will tell you exercise helps; myself, late in the game, I think it makes it worse.

What is RLS?

Comment

Hi Strhuntrss,

Numbness and tingling in your legs can be quite common. Taking symptom management meds might or might not help.

Can medications mask symptoms? Yes, that's all they do. There are no medications that can cure a symptom.

Symptoms might go away on their own but if not masking them can make life with MS more bearable.

The symptoms this disease causes are normal and unfortunately, nothing will cure the disease or the symptoms it can cause.

Those of us with MS learn to live with some symptoms as well as the unpredictability of MS.

Your only choices with MS:

- Take the DMDs and hope they help.
      - Take steroids for exacerbations (relapse, attack, flare-up)
      - Use medications for symptom management
      - Learn to live with symptoms and the difficulties this disease can cause.

Those are the options with MS. The medical profession can do not more than that for us
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Thinkimjob,

RLS is a disorder of the part of the nervous system that affects the legs and causes an urge to move them.

Because it usually interferes with sleep, it also is considered a sleep disorder

People with restless legs syndrome have uncomfortable sensations in their legs.

An irresistible urge to move their legs to relieve the sensations.

The condition causes an uncomfortable, "itchy," "pins and needles," or "creepy crawly" feeling in the legs.

The sensations are usually worse at rest, especially when lying or sitting.

The severity of RLS symptoms ranges from mild to intolerable.

Symptoms can come and go and severity can also vary.

The symptoms are generally worse in the evening and at night and less severe in the morning.

For some people, symptoms may cause severe nightly sleep disruption that can significantly impair a person's quality of life.

Hope this helps.
        STR

Comment

Working...
        X