Wheldon protocol/ Vanderbilt protocol ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheldon protocol/ Vanderbilt protocol ?

I am wondering if anyone has tried either of these treatment programs? I can find information about them on-line, but I can't find out about MS patients using this therapy program. I did find 1 MSer on this site who, apparently had good experiences following this course of therapy. Please respond with details of your experiences.

I never heard of it but I googled it. Is that antibiotic therapy? if it is I did IV antibiotics everyday for a year. It was rocephin and a few other misc antibiotics. I was being treated for something else but I believe in my heart it put my MS in remission for 15 years. I have no way to prove it and all neuro's ignore me when I tell them. But I believe it helped me.
    Suspected MS 1985. dx 1994 still RRMS EDSS 1.0

Comment

Yes, Katje. It is a program of using several anti-biotics and specific supplements to kill off a bacteria called Chlamydia pneum... (sp). I am in the midst of investigating as much as I can on this.

Comment

I was treated for chronic Lyme. It's very difficult finding a doctor to prescribe this treatment. My Doctgor was in Connecticut and he could not order IV in Colorado. Luckily I had a friend who knew of a doctor who would do it, otherwise I am not sure what I would have done.

I think to this day it changed my life, because I started out as a regular MS patient 20 years ago ie.. crawling on the floor, numbness half blind, double vision. and now I am pretty much normal with the exception of that random relapse I had a few months back. But I recovered 100 percent. however I am now exploring other options since that attack but grateful for the freedom I had for many years after treatment.

if I can help w/ contacts in anyway let me know.

Comment

Jerry D

Do you look at the cpnhelp.org site?

Comment

I just spent over an hour reading and trying to understand the Weldon Protocol. It raises some very good questions. I for one suffered from allergies (shots for 30 years) and sinus infections (at least 4 a year) and was treated for Lyme 12 years ago.

Wonder if anyone tests for Chlamydia Pneumoniae?? Also wonder if any Dr's are testing this theory with antibiotic therapy. Seems to me that there will be some very unhappy drug companies if this is found to help MS patients. I for one would be willing to be a "guinea pig"!

Comment

I have seen the cpnhelp site. It is where all of this anti-biotic treatment begins. I will be putting this Wheldon protocol on my doctor's radar asap. I am going to print out all of the material and ask him to consider giving me the treatment. One of the sites gives the steps to the treatment plan. I hope my doctor goes along with it.

Comment

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
                I have seen the cpnhelp site. It is where all of this anti-biotic treatment begins. I will be putting this Wheldon protocol on my doctor's radar asap. I am going to print out all of the material and ask him to consider giving me the treatment. One of the sites gives the steps to the treatment plan. I hope my doctor goes along with it.

good luck with that Jerry. if you mean your neuro, I have found most to be very closed minded. You might do better with an infectious disease doctor or just a good doctor that wil listen and order the antibiotics for you.

Comment

Please keep us posted Jerry and Katje, your suggestion of going to an Infectious Disease doctor is definitely one way to go.

Just diagnosed with PPMS, my MS doc wants to start me on copaxone even though it is off label. Would much prefer going with the antibiotic therapy.

Good Luck!

Comment

pyablon,
                    I am also PPMS and my neurologist pushed the copaxone on me but I refused. That was 4 years ago. I was at a dinner/speaker event last night and the neurologist who was the featured speaker said he was hoping there would be something in the drug pipeline for PPMS, soon.
                    Well, I am not waiting for that to happen. I am going to pursue this Wheldon protocol. I think it's a shot in the dark. so is using drugs 'off label'.

Comment

Jerry D

You can find doctors who use that protocol on the cpnhelp.org website.
                      I have a friend who is using the protocol (and has been for over SEVEN YEARS......); they do NOT, however, have MS.

Comment

My daughter was diagnosed with Crohn's 16 years ago and was put on antibiotic therapy (Cipro) for several years. Doctors have also found that antibiotic treatment for certain stomach ulcers is very effective. So....you never know!

Since I was just diagnosed this past week I'm trying to digest everything so please keep us informed.
                        Thanks.
                        Patti

Comment

Working...
                        X