Scary reaction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scary reaction

Hi everyone. I'm new here, second MS flare up, weakness in left arm with occasional strange pain, very similar to the blood pressure cuff like pain earlier described. This time I caught it early enough (hopefully) to treat it. I started IV solu medrol today and the symptoms that had led us to the MS. Diagnosis (optic neuritis ) hit my 5 fold! As soon as I left the infusion center my vision was awful, not just in one eye but both eyes, and the weakness in left arm is certainly worse. Has this happened to anyone else? Please help.

Steroids including Solu -Medrol can make vision blurry. It always does that to me. Strangely the blurry vision isn't listed very often as a side effect of Solu-Medrol but it definitely is one. It doesn't hit me as soon as leaving the infusion center but I suppose its possible. Pretty discouraging when your getting Solu-Medrol for optic neuritis.

Comment

Darling....don't be scared. MSer 102 hit the nail right on the head! There are a lot of symptoms with IV Steroids. It's all good. Take someone with you to make sure you get home safely.

BTW...I had IV Steroids last month. I love, love, love IV Steroids. They make me high during the infusion. Yep...best two hours I was looking forward to each infusion and I told my nurse that I think I could be a junkie! . I had ON too...came out of it with no vision loss.

But, I had steroid issues too...was not crazy about the insomnia or the heart palpitations...but it decreased the time of the flare.

It will be OK.
      Katie
      "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
      "My MS is a Journey for One."
      Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

You can do this

I know how you feel and what you are going through...You can do this...You need to pray more about this

Comment

Working...
        X