teeth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

teeth

Hi I have been having alot of tooth and gum pain lately just on one side and I suspect it's from my MS. I went to dentist for a check up with X-rays and there was nothing wrong. I am brushing with Sensadine tooth paste and it's still there. Cold really set 's me off but just eating also does. This crazy disease has had weird effects on me. Does any one out there have and of the same?

I had something similar about 6 months ago. What I finally found that helped was oregano oil. Put 2 drops on your toothpaste and brush. It may feel warm but it helps with the pain. You can brush your teeth then gums ... I keep this on hand.

I hope this helps. Good luck. You can also research oregano oil about all it's benefits... it is awesome stuff.
    ~Brittan~ Over 15 years w/ symptoms & Recently diagnosed w/ Chiari 1 Malformation - it has a lot of similar symptoms to MS. Easy to dx by MRI. See videos CM info - how to dx via MRI: https://youtu.be/I0f9e3pU6to CM symptoms: https://youtu.be/YyF3HVgHpCs FB group: Chiari Is For Real

Comment

limppy: you may also have Trigeminal neuralgia. Lots of times it starts with just teeth pain. I had 4 root canals before mine was diagnosed. It is indeed part of your MS. Ask your neurologist about it.

Take care

Lisa
      Moderation Team
      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
      Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by 22cyclist View Post
        limppy: you may also have Trigeminal neuralgia. Lots of times it starts with just teeth pain. I had 4 root canals before mine was diagnosed. It is indeed part of your MS. Ask your neurologist about it.

Take care

Lisa
        Moderation Team

Yes, maybe this, or it could be as simple as just a tooth problem after all. Quite a few years back I experienced tooth and gum pain on one side, had an X-ray, dentist found nothing.... until my tooth in the back cracked almost in half. Dentist determined that I'd probably had a hairline crack so minute that it wouldn't have shown up in an X-ray. Cause of it? Grinding my teeth while I slept! (Was going through a lot of stress at the time)

Hope you can figure this one out! Tooth pain can be awful!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

ditto to 22cyclist

trigeminal neuralgia.... my dentist said do NOT get your teeth worked on (without xray support of diagnosis), it is common in MS. He has patients who had many teeth pulled that did not need to come out.
          You are in the driver's seat, but God is holding the map

Comment

I went to the dentist back in April insisting I was having tooth pain. I even made them do a root canal! This did not solve my problem and my pain began to radiate up toward my eye. I then tried to convince my pcp that I had a sinus infection. We treated with two courses of antibiotics and no improvement. After a CT scan showed no sinus issues I was sent to and ENT who declared "trigeminal neuralgia". Lesson learned, always call the neuro first when I have any type of new pain
            Julie
            DX 11/9/11
            Rebif Therapy 12/13/11

Comment

I had to laugh when I read the replies to this post. I have pretty much the same story.

Sometimes the pain is an old cavity that needs replacing. Other times it is not and is probably trigeminal neuralgia
              Jodi
              "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude". Maya Angelou

Comment

TN was my first symptom.

It sure does feel like it's your tooth. However, if you touch the actual tooth, it is not painful with TN. I could brush my teeth just fine (although rinsing and about eight other triggers sent me flying :-P).

So sorry. If it's TN, it will be about 10+/10 on the pain scale. I had two bouts that weren't that painful -- one dxed as teeth, second dxed as sinus infection.

Comment

Working...
                X