new member here with a question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new member here with a question.

Hi there, My name is Emily and I have been living with MS for nearly nine years now since I was diagnosed at age 17. Now at 26, I have been massively blessed and have minimal MS problems besides extreme fatigue, heat sensitivity, weakness etc. I have been able to survive without the help of disability or SSI for years, but now that my insurance is ending and I am looking at moving out of state for the first time in the next year or so and trying to survive away from home, I would like to go back to school to improve my education and help me get a job. Does anyone know if their are any MS or disabled persons related scholarship, grant or assistance programs for higher education? I have done some research but it never hurts to ask! Thanks so much!

I would suggest you check with the school you are considering attending. They should be able to fill you in on any available scholarships

Good luck!
    DX Probable Benign MS 2006
    Changed to Fibromyalgia
    Seizure 2011
    Many new symptoms starting 1/2013

Comment

Yes there are. If you do a search on one of the sites that has a lot of scholarships, like college prowler.com, or fastweb.com, or the college board site, and search "scholarships MS", you may find stuff. Also search scholarshps with any particular interest or skill of yours---if you write, look for writing scholarships, if you read a lot, if you plant flowers, whatever, search scholarships wiht specific interests to narrow the field.....

Comment

You might also try calling the ms society in your area I know mine does give a scholarship to 1 or 2 lucky people.
        Good luck and please let us know how you made out

Comment

Working...
        X