Trouble coping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble coping

I need somewhere to release my thoughts and thought this would be a good place. I am struggling with a couple of leg issues, not related to MS, but when added to MS, it feels overwhelming to me. I know my problems aren't significant when compared to what many of you experience and share on this site, but I feel very stressed and don't feel like I have anywhere else to go. I wonder how I will cope when the really bad things happen since I am having such a tough time with smaller issues now.

I feel scared and overwhelmed by the changes in my body and my lack of control. I so wish that I could just let go at let it be. My MS has brought on pain in my legs and now with these other leg issues I feel like I am losing myself.

Thanks for listening.

I think we all experience anxiety and fear of the unknown. The important thing is to not let it overwhelm you and take over your life. Hopefully you are not at that point. But either way, I would definitely consider a professional for learning different coping methods.

The board is great to know you are not alone in your feelings (emotional and physical). We all experience the ups and downs. But if you find yourself feeling down and overwhelmed a lot, I would reach out to your doctor. Sometimes we need a little more help than other times.

Hang in there and hope you feel better soon.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

MyGirlsMom: I am sorry you are having a hard time! I want you to know that everything is relative for everyone, so your pain is no less than anyone else's with MS no matter their physical disability.

I have been at the point you are and have come through it, so it can be done. Sometimes you need pharmacological help, sometimes it just takes time. Either way, this too shall pass.

I am glad you came here! I do agree with the other OP that if you are feeling hopeless please tell your doctor about it.

Please know we are here for you.

Take care
      Lisa
      Moderation Team
      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
      Tysabri

Comment

I am so sorry you are in pain and to let you know you are not alone. For two weeks now my legs have been burning and the meds. are not helping. This has happened before and it went away after a while.

I do hope you feel better soon.
        God Bless Us All

Comment

Sometimes it is hard to remember that our physical bodies are not who we are. You are the same person you were but now you have a new range of experiences albeit bad ones.

This is a good place to vent but I also have a shrink who specializes in chronic illnesses and I pray....a lot to get my anxieties off my chest.

Much hope I am sending your way.

J
          Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

I agree with 22cyclist. Your feelings/experiences/etc are absolutely valid and important.

Comment

Working...
            X