Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those that have experience with MS Hug!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those that have experience with MS Hug!

Hi guys, its been a while, hope all is well with you all
    I have been having the most unusual pain in one side of my ribs. I have read alot about the MS Hug and it fits except for it is also sore to the touch. In everything I have read I have not seen anything about it being sore to touch. i assumed it was a pulled muscle, but it is behaving so oddly that Im not so sure. It has been a month and a half of sometimes very painful spasms, too a tight feeling around one side of my rib cage. My doctor is clueless and says a pulled muscle should be showing some signs of improvement. So I just thought I would ask any of you that have had the hug wheather it can also be sore to the touch.The main pain started just under my right breast but has now moved to the side
    Thanks
    Kathy
    2004 pos/MS 2006 Pos/MS also Pos/Crazy 14/01/2012 here we go againDx RRMS 21/06/2012

Hello Kathy,

When I first started getting the ms hugs years ago it was not sore to the touch (or maybe I just didn't notice it as much as I do now). Over the last year it has gotten worse and for me it is now sore to the touch but it does vary depending on how bad it flares up. But keep in mind every MSer is different.

Only thing I can suggest is what others have recommended on this forum which are; down a cold glass of water quickly, put ice on the breast bone and center of back - others say they switch from hot and cold compresses. Only thing I've noticed that saved me was the ice packs on the front and back but you will have to see what works for you.

Do you have any meds for spasticity? If so has it helped at all? I normally take the meds and do the cold packs together and it works so far like a charm ... knock on wood.
    ~Brittan~ Over 15 years w/ symptoms & Recently diagnosed w/ Chiari 1 Malformation - it has a lot of similar symptoms to MS. Easy to dx by MRI. See videos CM info - how to dx via MRI: https://youtu.be/I0f9e3pU6to CM symptoms: https://youtu.be/YyF3HVgHpCs FB group: Chiari Is For Real

Comment

Working...
    X