Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are your symptoms worse as the day goes on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
    I'm with Seal. As the day goes on and I get more tired, the more symptomatic I am. I'm still working and find that in the beginning of the week, better when I wake up, but by the end, symptoms start and stay all day.
    I find the same things - all my symptoms of leg pain and fatigue worsen throughout the day, and also through the work week. By Friday at lunchtime, I am wondering if I can possibly last until 5 pm. I take half a Provigil at Friday lunch, then I can make it until quitting time.

After work, I take gabapentin and tizanidine for the muscle spasm/pain and that helps, but they make me sleepy so I can't take them during the work day.

Comment

I'm more stiff and fatigued in the morning. But at night when I lay in bed, especially when I've had a big day and overdone it a bit, I have awful spasms and pain. My eyes are always worse at the end of the day as well.

Today, I've been outside a lot, running after the kids, pushing them on the swings, etc. And also doing a lot inside cleaning up and rearranging things. Now that I've sat down and am relaxing, my legs are buzzing and hurting, my hands are stiff, I'm starting to get little twitches that are going to progress into more spasms and stiffness.

I always take my muscle relaxer at night for this reason. It lets me actually fall asleep instead of having the awful spasms and spasticity keep me up.

Comment

Well, there is a brief few minutes of feeling brilliant when I first wake up. Ah, but then I move.

Then I need to go the toilet, really, really quickly. But I can only walk really, really slowly, so it's a challenging start to the day.

Who will win? My wonky legs or my remarkably active bladder? (It's all of 10 metres to the bathroom.)

On the three days I work, I come home literally staggering, even if I've spent most of the day sitting down.

So I'd say worse in the evening, but no prize-winner of a morning.

Comment

Hey all -
          I feel ok in the mornings. My symptoms as well as fatigue build as the day goes on. I usually take an afternoon nap (or think about it). At bedtime, tremors get worse. I take two Baclofen and am able to sleep. If I spend any time outdoors, it is in the evening after the sun goes down.

Last night I had 3 beers before bed (two is usually my limit) and woke up every hour but couldn't empty my bladder.

Comment

Morning worst

I too have that "tight head" feeling in the morning, sometimes making me feel lightheaded. I am doing much better by the afternoon. I still have a lot of tightness in my upper legs and ankles and seems like no amount of stretching is really helping.

Comment

Brittan I get brain cramps too!

Originally posted by Brittan View Post
              Mine gets worse through the day but when I first get up I am pretty bad. I take ala and alc and it seems to relieve it to an extent. I am still trying to get the dosage right on those.

Does anyone wake up and have something that feels like a brain cramp ...lol. It is not a headache, it feels like a tightness in the head ... anyone? I have noticed it is relieved after I have my morning coffee...weird.
              Coffee/caffeine dilates the capillaries in the brain so the blood can flow threw. At night I feel my muscles tightening up. So it's a total brain cramp in the am for me. Yes, not a headache, I've had migraines since I was 17. It's different, Hang in there! You're not alone

Comment

MS + TN

Yes to almost everything . Until I stand up to get dressed and brush my teeth I'm fine. Then the TN reminds me it's still there and my legs remind me that they don't really want to be stood on . Swimming and sitting with legs up are great .

Feel good ,
                Maris

Comment

Originally posted by Jaxx View Post
                  Coffee/caffeine dilates the capillaries in the brain so the blood can flow threw. At night I feel my muscles tightening up. So it's a total brain cramp in the am for me. Yes, not a headache, I've had migraines since I was 17. It's different, Hang in there! You're not alone
                  This coffee thing is interesting to me. I had a chemical stress test a few years ago and when it was over I couldn't walk. It was the worst leg pain/weakness I ever had. The nurses pumped coffee into me to help me get over it. It did work. So what's all the hoo haa about coffee?? I only drink a half cup in the morning. That can't be too much.
                  Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Working...
                  X