Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Some Guidance for Similar Symptoms

Hello all.

My name is Nick and I'm about 36 years old. I don't want to spend too much time going through my entire medical history but there has been alot of things happening to me over the past month and a half that I feel are MS related.

Let's back track about a year ago. I went through a long bout of headaches, dizziness, crying, numbness, etc. I had blood tests, MRI of my head, EEG, EMG and Nerve Conduction tests. Everything came back normal except that I have Peripheral Neuropathy; aparrently all limbs. The cause was never figured out. I did get through it. The first half of 2012 was really bad.

Fast forward to April 11th of this year at 4:30pm. I was working all day and when I urinated at 4:30 I was startled to feel like I didn't finish going. It was very uncomfortable. Went to local treat and release who dismissed it as UTI. Gave me Antibiotics. Went on vacation wtih this. Got through it.

When I came back I did goto my Urologist. Initially Prostatitis was suspected and I was treated for it; flomax and anti-inflammatory. Additional testing was done to rule out Prostatitis and any infections. I did have a Urine Flow test which revealed I do strain a little but my flow is normal. the test revealed I do retain urine in my bladder. Not an alarming amount but enough that's not normal for my age.

I'm awaiting a Urodynamics test to see what is happening with my bladder during filling, emptying. I've been dealing with it but it's a pain

Fast forward to last week. Out of the blue I became constipated. I do "go" but things are definitely out of the ordinary for me.

NOW for the past 2 days I've been having very very strange things happening to me.
    - Tingling in my finger tips
    - My forearms hurt
    - Weird crawling feelings in my arms and legs
    - Feeling very foggy in my head; problems concentrating, etc.
    - My fingertips feel like they are pulsating at rest
    - I feel like my head is rocking back and forth and trembling.
    - Lower back pain that I've always had is getting much worse.
    - I feel like I"m going to start crying.

I do get myself to the gym and it does help move things along on the constipation front. These strange drunk feelings are just bumming me out and I think I might be having an MS attack.

I do have a follow up with my Neurologist on Monday so will ask for another set of MRI.

Sorry for the long winded story but what does everyone think? Does this sound like MS to you? I have this fear I'm going to be Dx with Primary Progressive MS and this is it for me.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Any suggestions or
    feedback woudl be appreciated.

Hello and Welcome NickyT!

You have many symptoms that are common among MSers. Unfortunately, these symptoms are common to other diseases as well. I'm sure your neurologist will figure out what's going on.

You need to relax! Chances are slim to none that you have PPMS. You are not on death row!!! When your doctor gives you a diagnosis, he treat you appropriately. You'll be able to lead a full life.

I am constantly amazed at the people on this site. They lead full, productive lives in spite of MS. There may be adjustments to make and meds to take but I'm not worried for you. You're still going to the gym! WOW!!

Try not to worry too much. Don't panic! The worst that will happen for now is that you may have to take meds and make a few changes.

If you don't have insurance, you may want to look into that before you receive a diagnosis. It will be more costly afterwards.

Also have your vitamin D and B12 levels checked.
    I'm glad you have found us!

Please feel free to post any questions or comments you may have. We also have chats you might enjoy!

Let us know how it goes!
    When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Hello and welcome! I'm sorry for the confusion and concern these symptoms are giving you. There a dozens of explanations for your symptoms, it really is for the neurologist to make conjectures.

MS or not, we could all probably make adjustments to our lifestyle that would give us better health. I would suggest being persistent with the doctors to get some answers including a blood test to see if you have any vitamin deficiencies. But don't put your life and peace of mind in their hands! Research on your own to find out how foods affect you and what to avoid and what to increase.

We all have been given a diagnosis (or 2 or 3...) but ultimately our health is still our responsibility and our outcome is very much dependent on the choices we make every day.

Remain persistent to get answers - and ask for references for further study about what you as the patient can do. Don't give up your power!

Comment

Working...
      X