In ER now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torn,

I am sorry you are experiencing a difficult situation. I have only browsed your posts. However, two thoughts have come up: Can you have a consult etc with an MS doctor who is in a MS center? Maybe one that does research? Also, please be careful of your WBC. It is a item to watch for MSers on Tec.

Good luck and hugs.

Comment

Are you feeling better?

I hope you are and that your heart rate has stayed within normal range.

I know you must be very frustrated as you really wanted to give Tecfidera a good go. I think you did and your medical team has to advise you on whether you should continue and what your next step should be.

I feel for you -- it's hard making these decisions. If we only had crystal balls.

All the best,
      Bree

Comment

Originally posted by bree2013 View Post
        I feel for you -- it's hard making these decisions. If we only had crystal balls.
        I think with a lot of the decisions we have to make with MS we should have balls of cast iron.

Comment

Originally posted by MSer102 View Post
          I think with a lot of the decisions we have to make with MS we should have balls of cast iron.

Or, brass ovaries! fed

Comment

I've had three other similar episodes since this post. I have continued the tecfidera and am seeing a cardiologist. I've adjusted well to the tec but I'm concerned about some of my side effects.

Comment

Originally posted by Torn View Post
              I've had three other similar episodes since this post. I have continued the tecfidera and am seeing a cardiologist. I've adjusted well to the tec but I'm concerned about some of my side effects.
              I didn't know tecfidera had cardiac side effects. I did hear about the gastric stuff. I was considering going on this but have seriously been reconsidering. What other side effects are you having? What does the cardiologist say about it in relation to the Tecfidera?
              Jodi
              "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude". Maya Angelou

Comment

I was also having an increased heart rate but not as high as Torn. I am already on beta blockers though. I don't think cardiac side effects are listed in the medication information. The nurses at Tecfidera told me that they were getting calls reporting cardiac side effects. My cardiologist suspected that my increased heart rate was due to the flushing and lower blood pressure. I'm sure my existing cardiac issues did not help the situation.

Comment

It wasn't a listed side effect but nurses have received tons of calls about it. Cardiologist is looking for any other possible reasons for this. I do have low bp so this might be why. Hard to say. I've also had bad flushing and itching and rash. Got better for a week or so and now it's back. Ugh

Comment

Working...
                  X