Has anyone tried Nuvigil for fatigue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone tried Nuvigil for fatigue?

Hi there. My doctor just gave me a sample of Nuvigil today and was wondering if anyone has tried this for their fatigue. I was going to post this under the medication category but they only had the disease modifying drugs listed. Any info. will be appreciated. If you have tried it, I would like to know how you felt about it. Thx

Haven't tried Nuvigil but on Provigil now, loving it.

I read a smaller dose actually works better than a larger dose.

I hope it helps you like the Provigil helps me!

Comment

I do. When I first started I was on the lower dose and thought it was a miracle drug! I was really excited because I haven't felt that good in a long time. Unfortunately, that only lasted about a month. So she switched me to the higher dose, which made no difference and now (for the last 10 days or so) I'm on the higher dose and I take it twice a day. We'll see if it helps.
      Part of my issue is that she recently started me on Cymbalta, as well, and that is knocking me on my behind!
      Good luck! I hope it works for you!
      9/08 Dx RRMS
      Current Meds: Tecfidera, Adderall, Baclofen, Neurontin, Cymbalta, Buspirone,

Comment

Nuvigil

Hello,
        I have been on provigil and Nuvigil. I take it only as needed. If I need to be up and functioning I take it. The Nuvigil lasts longer without the crash and headache when it wears off.

I have overwhelming fatigue which the doctor says is from the lesion load. I have many lesions on my brain.

Nuvigil and Provigil are one of the tools I use to combat MS. When I take this medicine, I feel like myself again. The fatigue is gone and my cognitive functioning is much better.

Good luck.

Comment

Yes I have tried Nuvigil. I like Provigil much better overall. I can't take Provigil every day or I get bad headaches. But it gives me amazing energy. Love it! The only problem is they both have a long half life so they can mess with your sleep....I find it hard to go to go to sleep and have to take sleeping pills. Nuvigil made me totally spacy and almost unable to come out up with words. It was very strange.

Comment

I took Provigil before I was diagnosed, but my doc switched me to Nuvigil after DX. It really makes a difference in my life. Before I was unable to stay awake to read or visit. I fell asleep at work while talking to customers.

I love to read! I was even designing quilt patterns, but could not stay awake so I quit! Now I can do both again. If I get to where I can't stay awake it usually means I am having a flare of sorts.
            Sissy

Comment

I currently take Nuvigil. I take 150mg tablets in doses of one tablet twice a day. I swear sometimes they are lifesavers. I've never noticed any side effects or anything negative.
              Dx RR MS - April 1st, 2010. (19 yrs old)
              Words To Live By: "Fall Seven Times; Stand Up Eight."

Comment

Nuvigil worked for me, I really liked it , but very expensive even with my insurance, so have not been taking it.

Comment

Maybe I should try Nuvigil. Provigil didn't seem to do anything at all for me.

Comment

Mr Dr. gave me samples. It works great for me. I don't take them very much. Just when I have something important to do.

Sara

Comment

I haven't heard of Nuvigil, but I've been doing well for many years on Provigil. Is it possibly cheaper than Provigil, and is it similar chemically?

Comment

Working...
                      X