Frustrating neuro appointment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frustrating neuro appointment

When I went to the neurologist last week I felt like he wasn't really listening to me and what my symptoms/problems were. I went back today and he made the comment, "So your main problem is in your arms?"

NO! My main problem is in my legs and feet with the weakness, tingling. I told him about the lower back spasm and pain. He then asked if I had experienced any bowel or bladder problems. I told him at my last appointment that I had wet the bed twice in the past 6 months.

Well, he checked my reflexes in my legs and said they were "brisk". He explained what that meant but I don't really remember or understand. He also ordered an MRI of my thoracic and lumbar region. I was so frustrated when I left!

Hi aubgurl,

I understand your frustration but even though he didn't remember, or hadn't checked your file before he saw you, he is ordering the proper tests.

Have you had a brain MRI? MS lesions can also appear on your spine MRI. Your symptoms can also be caused by back problems. You doctor can't really know until he sees the results of the MRI's.

The waiting list for neurologist can be long. I would stick this one out, at least until you get results. Best of luck to you!
    When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Yes, I have had an MRI of my brain and cervical region. He ordered on my first visit last week. They all came back normal and so did all my blood work.

Comment

That's good! It means he is covering all bases.
        When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Make sure you ask him if he ruled out all the mimics.

And ask to know what your Vit D and B 12 levels are now.

Low levels can cause many neuro type symptoms.
          And so can lower back issues. I first see my ortho to rule in ortho or not. He'll tell me which is which and send me back to neuro.

And you can start by taking Vit D ( I take 5000 units to get to 70). And sublingual B12. It will help no matter what.

Good luck and keep us posted hon.

This is a process of elimination. You don't want a diagnosis of MS only to miss something else.
          He has to be really sure.

Hugs, Jan
          I believe in miracles~!
          2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
          Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Working...
          X