Who is respnosible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is respnosible?

7 weeks ago it was thought I had a stroke. I went through the ER and admitted. I had a CT scan, MRI with contrast. I was told the CT scan and MRI were clear. They didn't know what was wrong but treated me for a TIA. I had bubble test, a tube down my throat looking for a PFO, I was given blood thinner injections for 3 days but I kept getting worse. The told me to take blood thinners and treating it as a TIA.

A week later I got sick again unable to walk, dizzy and slurred speech. They did an MRI, could not find anything and told me I had conversion disorder. The neuro said she was never wrong and asked if I had problems in my family. I said I cant walk and I am slurring!!!!!!! She gave me ativan and sent me home.

Finally a week goes by and I see my regular neuro, he was going by what the hospital stated and all scans were clear. He did an EEG looking for seizures and nothing came up. Finally he has his own MRI run and it showed 3 lesions meaning MS relapse. He then called the hospital for a report and it said the first day I was there they found 3 lesions on the MRI! yet somehow they treated for everything but an MS attack.

Now 7 weeks have passed and I am much sicker, this all could have been treated with steriods and stopped 7 weeks ago. Who is responsible when this happens? The hospital, the neurologists? who?? They ran so many tests, cost me a lot of money for something I didnt have yet it was documented I did have 3 ms lesions.

I just want to state, I was followed by 3 neuros, al who were aware I have a hx of MS.
    Suspected MS 1985. dx 1994 still RRMS EDSS 1.0

this all could have been treated with steriods and stopped 7 weeks ago
    Maybe, maybe not Steroids might resolve the exacerbation sooner but that isn't always the case. Steroids do not change the disease course.

Hope your doing better soon
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Thanks Snoopy. I know it doesnt change the disease course but I am hopeful for recovery.

Comment

It's frustrating, but doctors can only do what they can. I suppose you could look at trying to sue, but you'd have to prove how you were hurt and with MS, you can't prove anything - the steroids might have done nothing.

I have a friend whose mother was misdiagnosed after several visits to the ER. She later died, but it's still one of those things that are 100% clear only after the fact. It's difficult to 2nd guess.

Try to accept it and work through it. Ask your Neuro for the best advice on what to do. You might get some satisfaction by lodging a complaint or writing a letter to the doctor.

Comment

Whats funny, my neuro was telling me I didnt have MS and wanted a spinal tap to prove it and here I am the whole time having a RELAPSE! I mean how funny is that??? I have my whole story here posted, but not worth searching for.

I think the main thing is I sailed through many many years with this disease with no problems, but it was always in the back of my mind, always!

here I am today, feeling poorly and dependent. I made it to my daughters mothers day party at her school, how I have no idea. I lied to people and said I had back issues but I could tell they knew I was covering something up.

I am a little scared but aren't we all. My neuro wants me on this new pill and from what I read people complain about a sunburned feeling etc.... I had this for almost 30 years yet now I feel like someone who has just been dx. fingers a bit numb, cant walk far, slurred speech with movement only and I feel like it's hard to breath a little. I am miserable.

I have some ativan, but I think Monday I'll ask for something better to keep me calm and a little more balanced.

My husband was supportive when he thought I was having strokes, now that it's MS, I am on my own. lol

At any rate, I am happy to have found a forum with such great people to talk to and who understand.

Comment

Working...
          X