Chiropractic help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chiropractic help?

I am having nerve pain extending from my shoulder down my right arm. Not being certain if this is a ms thing, or pinched nerve, I saw my chiropractor twice last week, with no relief. Should I assume that this is a ms issue? I have an appt. to see him again tomorrow, but am considering canceling, I don't want to keep spending money on chiropractor visits if this is something he can not fix. Anyone else have this issue and how do you deal with it?

I'd give the Chiropractor a few more attempts at it. Regardless, maybe consider your primary doc. He/she maybe able to tell you for sure, which it is. fed

Comment

I am sorry for all you pain. Not know which is which is confusing for sure. But I also believe to trust your Chiropractor no matter what. They have much more training and experiencing in helping nerves, even if it comes from a disease. AND a good chiro will say that this is not an area they can help.

I, to this day, am I convinced my chiro treatment helped me and my symptoms longer than all the meds I took. He also kept me working longer.

BTW I have a nickle size deep pain on my upper arm which affects my whole arm. It is very deep. I wish I could afford him now. It comes and goes.

Let us know how you are doing.

Warmly, Jan
      I believe in miracles~!
      2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
      Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

I haven't formally been dx with ms but have many symptoms of it. Anyways I have pain everyday in my hips and back. I have osteopathic manipulation to help with my pain. Manipulation isn't painful at all and is better then a chiropractor on your body. It is kinda like a massage. If it wasnt for manipulation i wouldnt be able to function at all. Your insurance should cover it since its not a specialty.
        In limbo waiting on DX

Comment

Thanks for your replies! I was dx a 18 months ago, and sometimes have a difficult time deciding what doc to see for what I am having other symptoms right now, so may give it a week and re-evaluate. I actually felt worse after my last chiropractor visit, so I will give it time to calm down on with rest.

Comment

Talk to your chiropractor about why you are feeling worse. Sometimes it is because those tense spasming muscles are moving back into a more normal place and that does hurt. But just to be sure.. ask.

Also, I truly believe in chiropractor care, but ONLY if they use that gentle, B.E.S.T technique provided with only a finger NOT manipulating the vertebrae!!

Feel better.. soon and let us know how you are doing.

Warmly, Jan
            I believe in miracles~!
            2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
            Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

My chiropractor kept me walking for an extra four months. He also helped with pain. Be open with your chiropractor and let him know what you expect out of your treatment. And let him tell you what results to expect.

Treatments can be expensive but in my opinion worth every penny!
              When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Chiropractor opinion

Hi DC,

I read your post and I am praying for relief for you.

My (personal) thoughts on chiropractors are that they have helped me more than any other doctor, neuro or otherwise.

While I am new at this MS stuff, every doctor along the way has helped me in one way or another within their own expertise.

Whether it be short term or long term relief. But i must say it is my Chiropractor who was and is the one who has helped the most.

Between flares (as I now know what they are called), it was her, teaching and showing me how and why she was doing the adjustments to my body.

She showed me on her charts in the office how everything in our body is connected to something else.

And that not every time, was it where it hurts is where the problem is.

Now that I have a new journey with being dx with MS, she again is the one who, in my opinion, has helped me the most.

As she best described to me and for me to personally understand, we are like a hose. If there is a kink in that hose, every part of our body at one time or another will be affected.

And unless we get the relief we need, whether it be an adjustment, exercise, meds, or diet or all the above.

We will never be able to fully function at our personal best.

So, DC, don't stop until you find what works for you!

In the mean time, we are here for you, always!

God Bless
                STR

Comment

Working...
                X