Seizure question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seizure question....

In October 2011 I had a seizure. Was tested for epilepsy, all tests were negative (I don't remember what they all were). The Neurologist decided it was the Tramadol I was taking since I mentioned I was taking it every day. I can honestly say it is not the Tramadol, since I'm still have the same split second blackouts that triggered the seizure. Normally when I feel them coming on I just sit down, they pass fairly quickly. That day they just kept on and I woke up in an ambulance.

My question for those who have had non-epileptic seizures is there anything that seems to trigger them? In my case, bright outside sun or bright lights in large stores seem to trigger the split second blackouts.

Thanks!
    DX Probable Benign MS 2006
    Changed to Fibromyalgia
    Seizure 2011
    Many new symptoms starting 1/2013

has your dr given you an anti-seizure med?
    dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

My seizure are called absence seizures. I have periods of black outs. I don't remember what happens but they don't last very long. After the "seizures" my face is paralyzed for several hours.

I too have not shown anything on testing. I am on no seizure meds. They seem to happen more often when I am fatigued or over heated.

KK

Comment

No, since I only had one he didn't prescribe anything. Of all the places to have one, it was at my moms Church lol
        Changed to Fibromyalgia
        Seizure 2011

Comment

Today I almost had another one in the grocery store. It is the closest I have come since the grand mal in 2011. Fortunately I felt the build up coming and was able to sit down and relax until it passed. I did call my husband though, just in case something happened.

Sure wish I knew the trigger
          Changed to Fibromyalgia
          Seizure 2011

Comment

Working...
          X