Finger won't move when I want it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finger won't move when I want it

Back ground: I play certain games on-line, to help my brain.

The issue: Recently (in the last few days) I have noticed that my finger won't click the mouse when my brain tells it to.

Why I am posting: I would like to know what others have done to help them with this phenomena.
    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Once in a while, not too often, my left ahnd fingers turn into a tight lobster CLAW and I have not found anyway to get them to release, untill THEY want.

have you tried using your 'other' hand?

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

gomer,

Thank you for your reply. To answer your question: no, I have not tried my other hand. Not sure I would fair well by using my left hand to guide the mouse on my PC.

Comment

I sometimes twist my wrist little so that I can click the mouse with my middle finger. I have arthritis in my hands and I get sore fingers while clicking. I sometimes turn the mouse sideways and use my thumb to click.

Like you, I'm right-handed. It's scary to imagine the damage I could do with a mouse in my left hand.

Hope that helps! Hugs!
        When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

I have problems with hand weakness in my right hand ...

It makes typing somewhat amusing, because the letters typed by my left hand "beat" the letters typed by my right hand if I don't slow down everything. It's happening right now ... each word is type, backspace, fix, type, backspace ... sometimes you just have to laugh :-).

It's still better than attempting to use a pen when my hand is out.

Comment

CaroleL & aspen,

Thank you for your replies. Carole, I suppose I need to start "practicing" moving the mouse, although I worry that what finger would dominate it, might end up the same. I hope not....that means I would have to give up my competitive pistol team.

Comment

I think there is a way you can program your mouse differently. You can change the functions of the mouse buttons. You can check your options in the Control Panel.
              When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Working...
              X