can these symptoms occur?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can these symptoms occur?

is it possible to have no active lesions in one's brain, but active lesions on one's spinal column (causing many symptoms of an exacerbation). my neuro says that if brain lesions are calm, then there are no active lesions on my spinal column. feeling the way I am, I beg to differ, but have been told that whatever is going on now is "not ms" and neuro refuses to MRI spinal column. is it time for a second opinion with another neuro?

Originally posted by cullina View Post
    is it time for a second opinion with another neuro?
    My answer would be...Yes, most definitely...run don't walk to a new neuro.

A neuro should treat the patient not the MRI.

MRIs do not always give the true story of MS. Some will show active lesions and yet they will feel fine and be doing fine. Some will be having an exacerbation but the MRI does not show active lesions. Sometimes the MRI will match up to how the patient feels.

Lesions can be active in the spinal cord but not in the brain and vise versa.

I have very few lesions in the brain. This disease likes my spinal cord and always has. I was diagnosed with MS with a clear MRI but my neuro said based on my symptoms, in an exacerbation at the time, the disease was affecting the spinal cord.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I'd get a second opinion.

I had a flare up in August with an active lesion in the c-spine and no active lesions in the brain. I did have a few old inactive lesions and a prior diagnosis of optic neuritis. My legs went numb from the hips to my toes, and my legs were so tight walking was slow and difficult.

The neuro in the hospital and a neuro at an MS clinic both diagnosed me with MS.
      Optic Neuritis in 2004, Dx with RRMS in 2012. Copaxone, Sept. 2012 - September 2013. Gilenya, February 2014 -

Comment

Working...
      X