No announcement yet.

What is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do have a family history of auto immune disorders! My sister actually has a few. I suppose this is a big clue.

Also I didn't mention that the symptoms vary in severity day to day. Some weeks I might have nothing at all! Is this common?

Comment

Whatever you do

Please don't take any more Adderall without seeing a doctor.

I work in the field of Special Education and see alot of kids with ADHD. Your friend has just given you a controlled substance. Given the fact that the Adderall seemed to be beneficial, you may want to see a doctor for possible ADHD. But until you do, please know that while its always a bad idea to take someone else's prescribed meds, taking another persons controlled substance is illegal.

ADHD meds are stimulants. In the nervous system of a person with ADHD, dopamine and one other neuro chemical (can't remember the name right now) are not created in large enough amounts to sustain attention. The hyperactivity is actually the body trying to obtain enough sensory input that most people get with much less activity.

ADHD meds increase production of theses chemicals, so they are actually stimulants. And if you don't have AdHD you will produce too much after taking the meds. Some people actually get high and develop an addiction, just as they would with speed. At best, there may be a buzz. At worst, potentially serious outcomes.
      CIS DX 2013

Comment

Working...
      X