Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your single best piece of M.S. survival tip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scream if you need to and remember the Serenity Prayer....

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
      I'm not a big fan of Nietzsche, but he said this in regards to survival....

"He who has a why to live for can bare any how."

Jer
      I absolutely love that!

Haven't read Nietsche since college so I'm off to Google now.
      Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Comment

great thoughts!

Originally posted by Marco View Post
        Realize that control is an illusion and then become a master of illusion.
        they are all very relevent and I really like this one..think I will put them together and print it out

I remind people that alot of times it's just a 'feeling' and will be gone, try to stay positive
        Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Dont be afraid to ask for help when you need it, most people want to be there for you, if you just let them know
          2004 pos/MS 2006 Pos/MS also Pos/Crazy 14/01/2012 here we go againDx RRMS 21/06/2012

Comment

Six years after dx...

Best advice I have to underscore is Huntered and Marko although all are very true. I'm just sorry I had to wait so long to learn these. Thanks so much for this uplifting post.
            Dave Tampa, DL
            "Journeyman"

Comment

[QUOTE=ActiveMSers;1407606]This is what I wrote recently for ActiveMSers and I believe it's helped a number of folks. It's on my short list of best tips for MS.

When you’ve got a disease like MS, you’ve got to make some adjustments, some little and some big, there’s just no getting around it. But there is one adjustment that trumps them all. One adjustment you have to make if you are going to have any chance at getting the upper hand on your multiple sclerosis.
              /QUOTE]
              Dave Bexfield
              Oh, Dave - this legitimately made me lol. I was thinking "way to leave 'em hanging. "

My one piece of advice is go read Dave's post on ActiveMSers . He's been a huge inspiration for me.

Comment

The eye of a storm is centered and calm in the chaos.
                Be the eye of the storm.
                “Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.”
                ~ Mark Twain . . .Or a typo on the Internet. Srsly.

Comment

Live more mindfully. Meaning that I need to choose what I will do with my time more selectively. I need to choose the people I want to spend time with more wisely.

Also, never stop exercising. Whatever you can still move, move it....or lose it :-)
                  Melissa Goerke
                  [I]DX 7/2/10, Copaxone then Avonex, started Ty 9/13/11, JCV+ ended Ty 9/13, started Gilenya 12/13 Blood Pressure skyrocketed, started Tecifdera 4/5/14 - fatigue beyond bearable and symptoms became worse. Rituximab 8/8/14.....waiting for the miracle. I WANT MY TYSABRI BACK!!!

Comment

Ditch the dairy (and the gluten) and learn a musical instrument. I pushed through the shaky guitar days and eventually, my hands stopped having a glitch- still donīt play all that well, but can no longer blame it on MS

Comment

I heard this today in a conference for work and I decided I am adopting it! You can't live your life looking in the rear view mirror or you will wreck your life!

So I now need to figure out my new normal and stop looking at the past and wishing I could get back there!

Also you don't have a crystal ball so you can see the future so live life to the fullest in the present!

Comment

[QUOTE=HETA78;1407733]
                        Originally posted by ActiveMSers View Post
                        This is what I wrote recently for ActiveMSers and I believe it's helped a number of folks. It's on my short list of best tips for MS.

Oh, Dave - this legitimately made me lol. I was thinking "way to leave 'em hanging. "

My one piece of advice is go read Dave's post on ActiveMSers . He's been a huge inspiration for me.
                        Too funny!
                        All of these responses, including Dave's "mystery response", have been gems! Thanks you guys!! (((MSW)))
                        Tawanda

Comment

No woulda, shoulda, coulda's. In the beginning of our marriage dh and I agreed we would chose to live with no regrets by leaving something undone or unsaid, good or bad. Same thing with MS.
                          Karen

Comment

Actually, thinking about it, drugs are your friend[.

Comment

Enjoy today, because we don't ever know what tomorrow will bring.

Too much has changed for me.
                              DIAGNOSED=2012
                              ISSUES LONG BEFORE
                              REBIF 1 YEAR

Comment

Thanks for the comments, guys. The inspirational essay I wrote, about how I could have met my doom at the end of the damp snout of an enraged bovine, is the lead story today on Care2! With over 22 million Care2 members, it's getting the word out on MS in a big way.

Comment

Working...
                                X