Back brace anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back brace anyone?

Anyone have luck with a back brace for support? My back is very curved due to my weak core muscles and years of leaning to the left. If I sit for too long, my back is very sore and stiff. I can't get out and stretch because I have trouble standing or taking steps. Does anyone else have this problem?

So sorry for your pain and stiffness. Do you have meds for it, like Baclofen? And you can stretch without standing up. There is the Sit and Fit series on public TV and I also stretch in bed before I get up. Also I bet a good massage could be helpful too. I would see if your doctor could send you to PT to have them show your exercises for stretching and building your core up some.

Also I used to take the lumbar velcro wrap for lower backs and wrap it around my mid section. It has extra straps after you get in wrapped around you, that you can pull tighter and it holds in those muscles. It really helped me when I needed it.

Hope you find some relief and find some ways to get this addressed. Ask your doctor to order some P.T.

Let us know how you are doing.

Warmly, Jan
    I believe in miracles~!
    2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
    Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

I agree with Jan to see if you can't get into some physical therapy. In January, I was rear ended which caused problems with my back and have been in PT since. One of the things they're working on is my core and you'd be amazed at what types of exercises (without doing sit ups or aerobics) the physical therapist can give you that can work to strengthen your core. I also have seen other folks who couldn't walk or barely walked be helped to walk and get around. A friend of mine with horrible vertigo that wasn't helped by other treatments or meds was able to get rid of the vertigo with physical therapy.

Comment

Back Brace/Physical Therapy

Hey
        I am so sorry to hear about your back issues. I have scoliosis myself and have had it for a very long time. I went to a chiro/physical therapist in Des Moines for about two years and that worked wonders for my back. He did some therapy called pettibone I believe or something like that. Also, while I was receiving this therapy I wore a Cybertech Medical back brace and it really really helped. Plus it was just convenient with the pulley system they use to be able to move around without haven to loosen or tighten the thing all the time.
        I hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
        X