Just a vent. Feedback not required.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a vent. Feedback not required.

Family stresses me out and is now causing fights between my husband and me. My 22 yo son's car broke down on him at 4:00 Monday morning. At 2 pm he called me so my husband and I went and carried the car to my brother's house (because it was close and we were towing the car.) The car has been an issue between my parents and my hubby and I since the car was purchased. My parents bought the "hunk of junk" over our objections for my daughter 8 years ago. (She convinced her brother to swap cars with her.) We told them to wait and let us check with one of my husband's friends that owns a car lot but they had already bought it before we had a chance to do any checking. Since that time, that piece of cr*p has been broke down more than running.

We didn't say anything to my parents this time because Dad had just got out of surgery and I didn't want to upset them. Last night I learned how much my husband hates my family, my kids, and apparently me for all the stress he has had to put up with since he married me 10 years ago.

My husband drinks alot, but has always been very good to me- never putting me down, calling me names, or being physically, emotionally, or mentally abusive. He has always been very supportive of me. Last night he told me that he screwed up by marrying me and he wants me to leave. I am crushed. I asked him to let me have 2 weeks to get my stuff out of his house and back to my house. Right now, I am trying to get my animals moved while he is at work. He won't argue about who gets what and told me that I can use his truck and trailer to move my horses when I get ready. At times like this, I wish I had no relatives, no kids, no animals, nothing. I could just put my stuff in my car and disappear. If it was only that easy.

Sorry that I dumped on you but I thought you might understand that sometimes I have to put my feelings into words.
    All sunsets are beautiful, but the most amazing sunsets have a few clouds.

that sucks sorry!!
    dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

I know you said you didn't need replies. How TOUGH what you are going through! I HATE alcohol for this very reason. I'm sorry you were put through that!

<HUG>

Sara

Comment

Thank you.

Thanks for the hugs.
        All sunsets are beautiful, but the most amazing sunsets have a few clouds.

Comment

I'm so, so sorry Hang in there and stay strong!
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

No Win Situation

I am sorry to hear that this is such a difficult time for you. It is hard to make important decisions with so much stress all around you and I definitely relate to fantasizing about packing up my car and my dog and I taking off to parts unknown, if only it was that easy!

I am not familiar with TX family law but I strongly suggest you have a consult with a lawyer before you do anything, most definitely including moving out of the marital house. Stay in the house until a lawyer tells you otherwise. In CT the person who moves out can be ruled as deserting thus giving the other person a better position. Also in CT 10 years of marriage is the magic number as far as division of property, 401K, retirement funds etc.

It is in your best interest to set up a consult with an atty (in CT I think the fee for initial consult is something like $20 and then they will help you get a lawyer if necessary).

One thing I know for sure is that I have never seen problems in a marriage improved by alcohol. When the going gets tough remember to breath. - M
            M.
            A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Please don't apologize for venting. I'm very sorry you're going through so much.
              RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
              "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Sulphur Kennel,

I didn't realize you live in NE Texas! So do I! I know here there's Women In Need that would help. I know there's Legal Assistance that would also. You might check with the MS society.

Sara

Comment

Working...
                X