Any connection with MS and Interstitial pneumonia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any connection with MS and Interstitial pneumonia

Hi, I am new to all of this. I was dx with probable MS, and will follow up with Neuro 5-1.
    I was also dx with interstitial pneumonia in both lungs, was given breathing treatment an sent home with doxcline (SP?)
    Also sent home with albuterol inhaler.
    I was just curious if connective deases like MS have any correlation with Interstitial pneumonia.
    I already have a severe form of Interstitial Cystis of the bladder.
    Unfortunatley I am going through divorce, where soon to be ex said hew would support me mentally and physically until SSI kicks in. But hung up on me yesterday on the phone as i was in the way of him getting some, I suppose.
    So i feel very alone with no support system, except my sister who lives in a separate state, would go there, but dont want to leave my 13 year old daughter, but as far as daughter is prob concerned, she could care less if i left state or not.
    Yes I am feeling sorry for my self with pity. I can't help it. i feel so totally and completely alone.
    I have therapist appt next Thursday, followed by psychiatrist appt 4-9, so i am following all protocol to get myself the help needed, I am afraid tho as divorce becomes final, he will drop me like a hot potato, and i will have no way to support myself, when final i am applying for SSI due to many conditions.
    he says he will always be my friend, and support me, but those are just words, i trust no one.
    The meds for the IP are making me sick as a dog, and i have to drive 130 miles today, with lower extremeites as well as upper going very stiff and numb and painful.
    I guess I am looking for kind words of support from where I cannot get elsewhere..
    PS i have follow up APPT w/PCP in two weeks, to hopefully make sure IS in gone, please pray it is, as i feel so weak, and so discouraged right now, need support..

added by moderator

For last several weeks, I have had constant non stop belching, I am on Protonix, and acid reflux drug, and until now has worked very well with no probs, now for some unknown reason have been belching all the time, my soon to be ex says i can help it, that I am just not trying.
    So wondering if connective tissue disorders have any bearing on why i would constantly belch?
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.

Interstitial Cystitis and Interstitial Pneumonia are two different animals. However, as far as connective tissue disorders go, they could be autoimmune, but are generally not connected to MS. That doesn't mean you cannot have MS and connective tissue disorders as well. Lyme disease can also go along with connective tissue disorders, whether it causes them or not it is hard to say. As you are in the process of weeding out what you have and do not have, they will decide if a connective tissue disorder is one of them, otherwise it is a coincidence.

To make a long story short, MS does not cause connective tissue disorders, nor does it interstitial pneumonia on its own.

Best of luck in May
    Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

I'm so sorry you are having to deal with so much. I hurt for you.

Praying for you!

Sara

Comment

I am so sorry that you are going through this difficult time. Please consult with a divorce lawyer. There are agencies that do charity work and can help you get some of the promises that your husband is making official.

I can imagine that it is a scary time to have so many changes coming at you at the same time. But if you look on the bright side, none of these changes were ones that you made, so you should move forward with looking out for your own interest without regret.

I have just prayed for you, for your strength, for your courage, for your faith in yourself and in God. Please know that he knows you, your story and your heart. You are not alone, even now.

I hope that the medicine side effects are much better and that you are totally better tomorrow.

Keep seeking support and keep us updated. (hugs)

Comment

Yes other things have been ruled out, ms has been suspected the last 9 years, i am weary, and just dont want to deal with this anymore.
          God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Working...
          X