body temperature changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

body temperature changes

Does anyone have body temperature changes? I will have a low grade fever...like tonight...had a headache and thought I would check to see if I had a fever. It was 99.1 so I took an Ibuprofen for the headache (which helped) but then I felt cold and checked the temp again at it was down to 97.6. What might cause such a shift?

In the past I have many time felt chills and so would check my temperature thinking I might have a fever only to find it low side (as low as 97). Can MS cause such a thing? Where would the problem be? If yes is it something I should be concerned about?

Thanks for any info on this topic.
    Susie

Eph 3:20-21

Originally posted by bammaw View Post
    had a headache and thought I would check to see if I had a fever. It was 99.1 so I took an Ibuprofen for the headache (which helped) but then I felt cold and checked the temp again at it was down to 97.6. What might cause such a shift?
    The ibuprofen might have done it. Its one of the medicines taken to reduce fevers. Reducing fever is probably the main reason why parent give their kids childrens Advil and childrens Motrin. It makes sense that your temperature would go down if you took a fever reducer.

Comment

Dad a little headache again today but checked my temp and it was 97.3 (my normal is classic 98.6). Weird.
      Susie

Eph 3:20-21

Comment

I've been getting hot flashes and headaches and when I check my temp it's usually 99.5-100.9 even after ibuprofen, not sure if it is ms related or not, but i don't have an infection so I'm not sure, i'm new to all this stuff, it's hard to tell what could be ms related and whats not.

Comment

Hi, I just wanted to share i experience something similar for long periods of time i will have very low grade fever, and then for no apparent reason my temp drops to like 96.8.
          This is w/o using a fever reducer.
          I am still awaiting dx, so i have no clue if this is contributed to ms or not.
          I hope you find out more...
          God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Working...
          X