MS & Cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS & Cancer

I have M and recently passed a kidney stone. The test they done for the stones showI got a tumor on my right kidney that has to be removed. anyone else dealing with this type of issues.

So sorry to hear this. Did they say for sure that the tumor is cancerous? If not, then it might not be! Sending prayers for you!
    MS - diagnosed 2/05/2013

Comment

MS and Cancer

I was diagnosed with RRMS about 7 years ago. Then 3 years ago I was diagnosed with breast cancer.

You did not mention in your post what kind of diagnostic work up you have been through. Have you had any of the following: abdominal ultrasound, CT scan, MRI, PET scan, biopsy? Has treatment other than surgery been suggested?

The online discussion board at csn.cancer.org/forum might be helpful to you re: kidney cancer.

I wish you the best of luck.

Comment

Cancer and MS

I was diagnosed with bladder cancer which is generally a disease of old men who smoke. I am a female nonsmoker. Many of the drugs we take for MS suppress the immune system. This could increase our risk of cancer since the immune system acts to keep cancer in check. I have been on Avonex, Tysabri, and Copaxone. Has anyone else been diagnosed with cancer after being on these drugs?

Comment

Originally posted by Rmdocmagic View Post
          Many of the drugs we take for MS suppress the immune system. This could increase our risk of cancer since the immune system acts to keep cancer in check. I have been on Avonex, Tysabri, and Copaxone. Has anyone else been diagnosed with cancer after being on these drugs?
          I had cancer 15 years before my MS dx, and my neuro is only comfortable with me taking Copaxone because my immune system (and more) has already been damaged by chemo & radiation. I believe my age (57) is a factor in that, too...

He says Copaxone is the only DMD that doesn't reduce the capability of the immune system and any of the others could increase my already-elevated risk of another cancer.

He would never say that any of the DMDs cause cancer, but he does believe that the other DMDs carry more risk for people with already-compromised immune systems.
          1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
          NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

Working...
          X