humor in Walmart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

humor in Walmart

I am insisting on trying to find humor in this idiocy of my changed life with MS.

Went to Walmart to find Gluten Free Chick Strips, for nights I am just toooo tired to think about what to cook. Asked the stock clerk guy for help to find them. He looked and looked and saw them behind me, and of course I spun around and of course the free spin vertigo hit HARD.

I spun right into him, grabbed him right around the chest and told him "I think you just saved my life!!!!!".

Needless to say he sort of said thank you, and was not seen for the rest of the shopping trip. Can you even imagine what he was thinking? hahahahaha

karen
    You are in the driver's seat, but God is holding the map

WOW It is something to laugh at (of course after the fact).

Made me laugh.

It is similar to me going to IHop and walking to the table. My balance went off and I landed on a nice gentleman. I was embarrassed, but, told his wife her husband was some female magnet. Must have thought I was drunk. I explained I have balance problems. Both husband and wife laughed.
    SgrammieD

Comment

Ha! Karen, I know the feeling. I'm having really bad vertigo this week. It's currently my only symptom as I finally just got over my first major exacerbation. I HATE Vertigo. In fact, I just logged on to ask if anyone is aware of treatment for the vertigo aspect! It's driving me crazy.

I was just at Starbucks yesterday and for some reason, it was like 80 degrees in there, very humid and I had my sweater, scarf and heavy coat on. While I was waiting, I needed to have my hand on the counter or else I started feeling like the floor would just drop out from underneath me. I feel like people were looking at me like "why are you standing so close!". I just don't make eye contact, act all suspicious and awkward!!

Comment

That's funny! I hope that everyone we "bump" into or "land" on is understanding.

I have explained to my DH and my staff that I am figuring out how to turn my "almost falling over balance issues" into really cool dance moves. I start to lean to one side, my hip and my knee buckle on one side, I quickly move a foot or hand out to prevent myself from falling, and then it all magically ends up turning into a dip and spin that looks like a disco dance move.

There's no music playing, but I like to tell myself that at least I look like I'm just a fun person rather than a crazy drunk.
        20+ years of sx - no dx yet - getting close!

Comment

I am glad you can find the humor in things. You have to get thru it somehow. I have never heard of Gluten free chicken strips. I will look for them.

Comment

thanks for sharing!!!
            i'm trying to giggle quietly, DH asleep!
            i'd love to have seen the guy's face when you feel into him!

i bet some stories were floating around the break room that day!

so glad you can laugh at yourself (or 'with' yourself). humor is the only way to defeat the MonSter!!!

good luck with the vertigo!!

for a good time at walmart, try an elec cart and do a bunch of circles!!! it really gets the vertigo going!

and yes, i did this, but something was wrong with cart, really!

take care and God bless ya!
            "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Working...
            X