Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my rant...

This is just me ranting:
    I really thought I had met the Mcdonald criteria for MS, not that I want to have MS, but I want answers. Saw Neuro in Dec for reading of second MRI:
    The way I read about dissemination in time and dissemination in space I thought the dx would be MS. I will try to make this as short as I can:

Tingling and numbness began in Aug 2012, along with veritgo, fatigue,
    Vitamin D at that time was 6, now is 22
    First MRI of brain in Sept 2012 showed multiple lesions, neuro counted at least 13 at that time, including subcortical U-fibers and head of caudate nucleus, with the one lesion measuring at 6mm x 4mm.
    also first MRI of cervical spine (Sept 2012) showed lesion at C2
    Second MRI of Brain, December 2012 showed new lesions ( including one in right side of Pons, 2 in right cerebral hemisphere and one in left cerebral hemisphere) , one lesion (right centrum semiovale) got bigger, one smaller (right external capsule) and some lesions resolved. Second MRI of cervical show C2 lesion lost some intensity, but still some swelling, no new lesions on Cervical and no lesions on T-spine.
    First Spinal tab , no bands, I would like to point out that the o-band test was done 3 weeks after tap was done as the hospital forgot to put it on the lab order and I had to make a deposit of new serum for the test.

Schedule for second spinal tap next month.
    Normal EMG of upper limbs, normal VEP,
    abormal EMG on lower limbs, had 2 levels of lumbar surgery since then.
    Still have 2 herminated disks, one at C3/4 and T7/8.
    Neuro says she wants to wait till second tap but said looks like classic MS..... Meanwhile gave me info about Avenox to read. She also was kinda of non-commitical about if there was no O bands, could it still be MS.
    And can someone please tell me what does lesions resolved mean?
    Thanks for letting me rant.
    Diagnosed RRMS 6/21/2013
    Devices: Roller/Walker, Nov 2013:
    Started Avonex July 2013

Carolina Girls - "Best in the World"

Here is to hoping you get some firm answers soon....tests can be sooo frustrating !
    Peace ~~ Kat

Comment

So testing can be frustrating...IF YOU DON'T DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE RESULTS !
      You stated that your vitamin D serum level was 6 and now it's 22. 22 is still about 1/4 of where you should be! I'll bet you are low in a lot of nutrients and such.
      My cardiologist saw my vitamin D dose at 5000 iu's daily and suggested that I change to a lower dose. Instead, I argued that my blood be tested... and make adjustments per the test numbers. I now take 7000 iu's daily. And I feel, somewhat, better. And I am now nearer to 50ng/mL. That's an ok number, but I bet I can do better. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
        So testing can be frustrating...IF YOU DON'T DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE RESULTS !
        You stated that your vitamin D serum level was 6 and now it's 22. 22 is still about 1/4 of where you should be! I'll bet you are low in a lot of nutrients and such.
        My cardiologist saw my vitamin D dose at 5000 iu's daily and suggested that I change to a lower dose. Instead, I argued that my blood be tested... and make adjustments per the test numbers. I now take 7000 iu's daily. And I feel, somewhat, better. And I am now nearer to 50ng/mL. That's an ok number, but I bet I can do better. Good luck

Yes, testing is frustrating, especially when most of the tests except Vit D comes back within normal. been on 50,000 ui's weekly, did 8 week course (had to stop for surgery) now on 16 week course. I have a full binder of all my tests. Sometimes I think it would be easier if I bleed green so someone would "see" that something is wrong.
        Diagnosed RRMS 6/21/2013
        Devices: Roller/Walker, Nov 2013:
        Started Avonex July 2013

Carolina Girls - "Best in the World"

Comment

Working...
        X