Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lingering Nausea

Hi all,

I'm in limbo but wanted to ask a question of those with MS please.

I had an ocular migraine last week. It took a number of days to feel like myself again for a good part of the day.

Then I saw an ophthalmologist who said that my eyes look great but that I need to tell my neuro next month about my headaches and eye issues. After his testing I felt poorly for a number of hours which I'm sure is typical.

However, I seem to only feel like me for seven to nine hours each day and then my head feels spacey, my eye hurts more than usual, head pains, headaches, neck, face, teeth pain comes and goes. I get a bit nauseaus.

I'm not experiencing vertigo because I've had that twice and this feels different. I'm not experiencing TMJ because I've experienced that and this feels different.

I realized today just how much reading, writing, computer use, TV watching, all that stuff that I use that takes a lot of use and wear and tear on my eyes. I'm willing to give most of that up right now if it will help me feel better.

I can't wear my prescription eye glasses as I can see better without them all of a sudden. Weird, yes I know. Then other times I have to put them back on. I can't get a new prescription as I can tell that my eyes are maybe having trouble focussing but it must be mild because I can read, write and watch TV on and off for a part of the day. I don't think now is the time to buy a new prescription until after I ask the neuro as I don't think what happened to me has settled down.

Does it make sense to give my eyes a rest maybe? Are there activities that I should do less of and activities that I can replace them with? I am a restless person and can't lie in bed because of too much brain chatter.

Does anyone recognize these symptoms and if yes or no I am open to suggestions on how to feel better. Please help as I have three weeks to go until I see a neuro and then he's going to be busy looking at three or four things that I have going wrong with my body and one is very visible - poor gait.

I'm not sick, don't have a virus, flu, fever, aches and pains, stomach upset and I am not completely void of energy like I usually am so I don't think that this is a bug.

You know when you're nauseaus and you'd do anything do get rid of that feeling? Yes, that! Suggestions are appreciated.
    Take care,
    swingingwillow
    Limbo lander on hold with a fast busy signal...

Just curious...I have had some of the same sx...eye, face and teeth pain, nausea...and it was my sinuses. I am not trying to minimize what you are experiencing. A few times the problem graduated to migraine status. I also read a lot each day, write and watch TV.

I will be interested in following your post. Hang in there!
    Crystal

Success is a journey, not a destination

Comment

I feel for you Swingingwillow.....

Your symptoms remind me of me except I haven't had to deal w the pain.

For 25 years I've experienced episodes like this:
      Hot flash/light headed/want-to-die nausea. Hard to explain to anyone else but the nausea feeling isn't in my stomach, its in my head. The episodes never started until late afternoon. They originally lasted a few hours and occurred a couple of times a year. Over time, they have progressed to a weekly thing that can last for several days.

I wear Scopalamine patches and take Zofran w limited results. Putting an ice pack on my torso helps a little. Also, IVSM stopped the long term original episode after my Dx, and oral steroids have squelched a couple since then!

Hope this Neuro figures things out so you can begin to find peace. Sometimes we just need answers....
      Dx 3/4/12. Tec X 2 as of 7/7/13
      Weebles wobble and occasionally they DO fall down!

Comment

Originally posted by Debby View Post
        Just curious...I have had some of the same sx...eye, face and teeth pain, nausea...and it was my sinuses. I am not trying to minimize what you are experiencing. A few times the problem graduated to migraine status. I also read a lot each day, write and watch TV.

I will be interested in following your post. Hang in there!
        Hi and thank you for suggesting that I look into this.

My sinus infections have never presented this way before but I can see the relation between sinuses and face pain and the yuck feelings.

I see my PCP next week and I'll ask him what he thinks. I'll let you know if he says that it is one.

Thanks again.
        Take care,
        swingingwillow

Comment

Originally posted by Leeaura View Post
          I feel for you Swingingwillow.....

Your symptoms remind me of me except I haven't had to deal w the pain.

For 25 years I've experienced episodes like this:
          Hot flash/light headed/want-to-die nausea. Hard to explain to anyone else but the nausea feeling isn't in my stomach, its in my head. The episodes never started until late afternoon. They originally lasted a few hours and occurred a couple of times a year. Over time, they have progressed to a weekly thing that can last for several days.

I wear Scopalamine patches and take Zofran w limited results. Putting an ice pack on my torso helps a little. Also, IVSM stopped the long term original episode after my Dx, and oral steroids have squelched a couple since then!

Hope this Neuro figures things out so you can begin to find peace. Sometimes we just need answers....
          And I haven't had to deal with the hot flashes...yet!

So you get what I mean about the nausea is very much somewhere in my spacey head. And I get them later in the day as well mostly.

Today was a good day but a weird day for me.

I was watching my daughter in her sports activity and I was feeling OK. I then found myself taking my glasses off, putting them back on, etc. etc. Then I noticed a repeat of something that bothered me when I had the migraine and the day after - the movements of people around me are bugging me - it's bothering my vision, or making my head spacey or something.

So that's what I need to communicate to the neuro I think.

Last night I turned off the lights and listened to the radio and felt much better and felt even better when I went to bed.

I think the movements on TV, the reading on the computer, and then any movements going on around me when I'm reading and writing are all made worse in the afternoon and evening as that's when my family is around and they're moving all around me and then I start to feel oogey.

So I think I figured out what is bugging me but can't get rid of the family lol.

Temporarily I think I'm going to retreat to another room when I feel like that and just listen to the radio in the semi-dark. And at night I'm going to watch less TV and listen to the radio, maybe get some books on tape and see if that works.

Also, today I wasn't just walking like I was drunk I now walk like I have my own special dance going on. I don't even pay attention to whether or not anyone's watching anymore, and when I was asked what my email address was the person waiting was almost in pain as I tried to recall my email address which is basically just my name in it.

I also actually went for a longer than usual errand run which usually means that I have to climb into bed as soon as I get home and that didn't happen today.

So good and weird things happened today.

I just want some answers as this is becoming more complicated than it ever used to be. And people can see me with my weird walk and or what I'm going to now call my dance.

I can feel myself getting tired as it's after dinner and I can feel the back of my head/neck and some pressure. So I'm off to chill.

Thanks for your supportive comments. It helps tremendously when someone can empathise.
          Take care,
          swingingwillow

Comment

Thank you for posting about this! I have this everyday in the late afternoon as well. I wasn't sure if it was all the medicine or not but I have noticed it is movements and lights. I usually have to lie down for a while. I take dramamine as well which helps with nausea a lot. Please update what your dr says about this!

Comment

Originally posted by chelsea1186 View Post
              Thank you for posting about this! I have this everyday in the late afternoon as well. I wasn't sure if it was all the medicine or not but I have noticed it is movements and lights. I usually have to lie down for a while. I take dramamine as well which helps with nausea a lot. Please update what your dr says about this!
              How long have you had this?

My nausea stopped after about 8 days. The movement isn't bugging me anymore but my prescription glasses are useless - I can see way better without them which is so very weird.

Regardless, I will let the neuro know and so it'll be next month that I can speak to this again.

Unless of course it returns and then I need to vent again. I really hate being nauseaus. Blech.
              Take care,
              swingingwillow

Comment

I spoke too soon.

The nausea is back with a slight head/neck ache/eye strain after helping my daughter on the computer for an hour and a half off and on. She had the light on the computer on high and the scrolling seems to be the movement that bothered me.

Plus she just stood in front of me and started to spin and twirl and I had to ask her to stop.

But it's night time so I seem to have gone for a long time today before this hit me again.

I'm off the computer for the rest of the night and I'm going to do some activity that is easy on the eyes, plus I'm going to treat myself to some gravol this time as I'm tired of just dealing with the nausea.

I seriously feel like crying but I think I'm just frustrated as I thought that this was over.

At least I'm not alone in this.
                Take care,
                swingingwillow

Comment

Working...
                X