FRUSTRATED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FRUSTRATED

HI.....I'M TIRED OF EVERY ONE TREATING ME LIKE I HAVE DEADLY DISEASE.....HOW DO I LOOK BEYOND THAT?

And on the other side of the coin it's some people that simply feel you are "Making/faking" your symptoms.

Comment

Yes, I can understand how frustrating that must be. Tells me, that perhaps they just do not know enough about MS or how it affects you. Either some folks dismiss our symptoms as not that bad, or we do not LOOK sick to being over vigilent and overbearing.

What do they do that bugs you exactly? Maybe you could offer them some information and resources for them to learn more.. or..just sit down with you and explain that each of us with MS are different. Also they may be worried about the course of this lovely disease.

Again, not knowing, or having the wrong information often contributes to their fears. Not being able to make you feel better is another concern some folks have.

I am a big believer in teaching folks what we need (and do not need), rather than assume.

Keep us posted and let us know how things are going, ok?

Warmly, Jan
      I believe in miracles~!
      2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
      Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

I get it! At first my husband treated me with kid-gloves, more concerned that he might inadvertently hurt me more than I was already was hurting or make things worse. i finally made a deal with him...I will let you know if there is something you should or shouldn't do!

Conversely, it is just as annoying to hear someone say, you look great, when you're feeling awful. It is as if they think the way you LOOK is a reflection of how you feel inside. Again, how about if "I" tell you how I feel?!

I do have to say, however, that many people just don't know WHAT to say or do around us, so they are treading cautiously, not trying to hurt us in any way. We should give them the benefit of the doubt. It makes many people uncomfortable, trying to find the right words, and what is right for one person may not be right for the next...
        Crystal

Success is a journey, not a destination

Comment

Working...
        X