Occicilium anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Occicilium anyone?

As everyone around me is getting the flu and/or a cold I am getting nervous about all these germs.

I have only been dx since sept 2012 and I would normally take Occicilium at the first sign of a cold etc.

I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on this otc homepathic medicine.

I don't want to boost an already messed up immune system if others have found this is not something I should be taking.

Thank you in advance for all of the advice!

~nagem

Always be yourself, because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones that mind don't matter.

Hi,

I've been homeopathic for over 20 years. I don't have a Dx at this point, just being processed. I've elected not to take any remedies this winter as I'm not sure how an immune boost will affect any of my symptoms.

The Occicilium you mention is a good remedy when you have early symptoms, there is a remedy that helps bolster up immunity to flus/colds called Thymuline - its a course of action remedy in that you take weekly in Oct.; monthly from Nov. - Feb. and weekly again in March.
    Influenzinum is also a good bet if you have the early signs of Flu, as is Pulsatillia for early signs of colds. . .

However. . .

As you now have an identified autoimmune disorder, I'd suggest you consult with a Naturopath or homeopath as the "usual/publicly accessible" homeopathic remedy course of action has likely changed for as per the MS, and you my be better suited to a less "popular and accessible" remedy that the homeopath would provide for you following a consultation.

M
    “Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.”
    ~ Mark Twain . . .Or a typo on the Internet. Srsly.

Comment

I was told not to take immune boosters as well, but I have been taking them since my diagnosis 3 years ago. I use Oscillococcinum, and I also use an herbal pill called Quick Defense made by Gaia herbs--it has echinacea and goldenseal, among other stuff. Getting sick is bad for MS too....

Comment

Working...
      X