Vestibular Therapy for Disconjugate Eye Movements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vestibular Therapy for Disconjugate Eye Movements

Started vestibular therapy today. I had to do all kinds of exercises with my eyes and balance to try and reduce my dizziness...just made it much worse. I guess in time it will help hopefully.

Just wondered if anyone else had had this therapy for INO, or disconjugate eye movements from their MS that made them chronically dizzy?

They told me there was more to come next week...Yay!
    Hope I don't puke.
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Oh 22!

Been there done that years B 4 my formal MS dx.
    For my first session, testing/evaluational I had to bring a driver with me, in case it made me sick, no ifs and or buts.

I learned a few things (& tricks) and I am better than I was. Probably a mix of getting better and the vestibular therapy. They need to specialize the therapy for each individual so your may vary a bit from mine.

WORTHwhile (4 me) and G@@D luck!

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

Almost. I went to a neuro otologist for unrelenting vertigo at the start of my decline after a severe bacterial or viral sinus infection with searing ear pain. I got better but never got well and kept falling from the dizziness and my first ENT was no help.

The neuro otologist gave me the exercises to do at home after testing and he said I had loose crystals in my ears. I was scheduled for the maneuvers and then would have had to sleep in a recliner for 3 days, but it would cure my vertigo. Well, he did an MRI just to make sure he did not miss anything and said I needed a neurologist. The home exercises made me so sick I thought I would just have to keep falling.

My dizziness finally went away, and I believe (cannot prove) that it was the IVIG infusions I had for non-stop sinus infections. My MS is so much better and I am walking fairly strong. I am scheduled for 6 more, one a month, next week. I have an immune deficiency disorder, all my problems started with that sinus infection 8 long years ago. Prior to that illness, I saw a doctor once a year and only took a thyroid pill for Hashimoto's.

My neuro said they are now using IVIG to treat MS, but it is and has been precerted through my Infectious Disease doc (my 4th ID). I have been sinus infection free since June and that is a record for me, but I have kidney failure from the truckload of antibiotics, as well as 2 PICC lines with IV antibiotics, over the last 8 years.

Comment

Holy Cow Ga Dancer:

Mine is definitely CNS. They are trying to get my eyes to work together and also work on my proprioception. In addition, I have a pair of pontine lesions on each side that hit both cranial nerve VIII's so that doesn't help with dizziness either.

I have had PICCs, but now have a port for Ty. Hope you feel better.

The movement of my eyes is what is killing me. I am done for the day after about 10 minutes...only the appointment is for an hour...LOL! I have to put up with it, and them with me.
        Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
        SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
        Tysabri

Comment

Working...
        X