No announcement yet.

How to remain positive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This sound hard to believe but Body Language is important, as this TED talk point out.
    http://www.ted.com/talks/amy_cuddy_y...o_you_are.html

Also consider the facts; 10yrs ago when I was dx only 20% of MSers continued to work ten years after being dx. Now it is 25%, so meds/diets/knowledge/etc are not only improving over the past few years they are snowballing.

Instead of focusing on what you can’t do, focus on what you can you.

Personally I looked inward and thought about the meaning of life, and wow I highly commend it.
    (FYI: to put it crudely life is about experiencing and learning from, thing you can’t experience and thus learn in heaven.)

Currently I’m doing my ancestry, and I finding about the struggles that my ancestors went through makes my struggles seem petty.
    Plus being productive and creating something your kids and great, great grand kids, will someday will cherish will leave you feeling positive.

We are here to learn so we will be better people in heaven, so focus on what you can do including what your experiences are teaching you.
    Give life meaning, live life by the 9 Noble Virtues.

Comment

Thank Redwings

For your response. I need it today
      Yes. I am going to choose to stay positive today.
      techie
      Another pirated saying:
      Half of life is if.
      When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
      Dogs Rule!

Comment

[QUOTE=Tawanda;1384626]MissJo,
        Do you ever wonder what you'll do to stay positive once your kids grow up?

Hi Tawanda,
        I guess I've never really thought about it, to be honest. I have always been a bit of a pessimist in life so I'm pretty sure the whole MS thing would have been too much for me to handle if it wasn't for something else (i.e. kids) keeping me positive. DH isn't much help in that department. Time will tell how I handle it when I'm on my own. Maybe it won't bother me so much when there isn't as much pressure to take care of everyone else??

Comment

Redwings is correct, you decide. #1 Rulefor me is "it can always be worse" . I see people at the VA missing limbs, tied to an oxygen tank 24/7, and with mental health issues.

How can it get worse you might ask? Well for me it was dx in 08, dx with cancer in 09, my fathers death in 2010, my daughters fiance leaving her when he found out she was pregnant 2011, my wife of 29 yrs walking out on me and our kids and new grandbaby 2 monts ago. But with all of this I am regularly told what a great attitude I have on life. I have had MS sx for over 35 yrs, I still play golf 3-4 times a week, at least I am on the right side of the green stuff, just had 3 yr check up for cancer and all clear, I have a beautiful granddaughter that I could have missed out on seeing and holding her and give her a big hug and kiss everyday. I have started seeing a lady that plays in our golf group and have not been this happy in many many years. I just signed a contract for a new handicapped van last week with w/c and scooter lift, and it has a killer stereo and all kinds of neat and new accesories in it, so I look at it as my new toy rather than something to get depressed over if I will need the lift.

Yes I could get down and do on an occasion but then look around me and see what I have now, me being sick has made me apreciate things in my life so much more. I live every day as if it is my last as we do not know when our number will be called. Do I miss things sure, would love to be able to run again, would like to be able to carry heavy items again ,love to be able to walk on a smooth floor without having to worry about tripping and falling.

Yes to me it is all in the way you look at life, glass half full or half empty.
          Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

Working...
          X