Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work Boots

Hi,

I'm a 24-year-old woman who was diagnosed with MS three years ago.

My place of work requires that I have good work boots. The requirements are:
    steel toe (or composite toe),
    covers ankle,
    leather (although I've been getting away with leather as the primary material and not all-leather).

I sometimes work outside and near water, so waterproof/resistant is a huge plus.

Add my work requirements to my own requirements: good support, balance/stability and of course comfort, slip resistant

I was wondering if anyone else with MS would be able to recommend a good work boot (or work boot brand) that has given them these things? A women's boot is preferable, but I could make do with a men's depending on the features.

About a year ago I switched to the Keen Detroit Mid, and it's worked pretty well but anything better would be great. I'm looking for a replacement because it's had it's wear! I will probably replace with the same boot but wanted to see if anyone else knew of anythings better. I've seen some recommendations out there for boots with stability, support and even memory foam support but of course they don't have the safety toe

I've never had the best balance, especially with fatigue. I can't even count the number of sprained ankles or slips I've had since I was about 14...Stability is super important!

Also, while we're at it, if anyone wants to throw around generic footwear suggestions I'm sure the rest of us could use it! I know the ones that are commonly recommended (like new balance) but if anyone's had any "obscure" luck that'd be interesting to hear.
Working...
X