Alcohol consumption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, this is an old thread but I apparently missed it the first time

MS affects the Central Nervous System (CNS), alcohol also affects the CNS. It is for this reason some people can drink alcohol and some cannot.

At the time of my diagnosis my neuro told me I may have a problem with alcohol due to the affects on the CNS, and I do.

I rarely drink. Alcohol, even a few sips of a beer or mixed drink will make me feel sick.

Always check with your Doctor or Pharmacist if alcohol can be used with any medications you may be taking.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I've actually done a test where one week I'll have a few drinks and then the next week I won't have any.. I've noticed that when I drink it i's all bad.. I have a lot of pains and things after I drink!!! Not pleasant at all!!!
      It all started with a mouse.. " Walt Disney"

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post
        Well, this is an old thread but I apparently missed it the first time

MS affects the Central Nervous System (CNS), alcohol also affects the CNS. It is for this reason some people can drink alcohol and some cannot.

At the time of my diagnosis my neuro told me I may have a problem with alcohol due to the affects on the CNS, and I do.

I rarely drink. Alcohol, even a few sips of a beer or mixed drink will make me feel sick.

Always check with your Doctor or Pharmacist if alcohol can be used with any medications you may be taking.
        This is a seriously old thread...had my old name KatieDidNOT on it. Still miss my margaritas...still not drinking. Not worth it...medications come first.
        Katie
        "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
        "My MS is a Journey for One."
        Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Well I drink! Life did not end with my dx. As long as I can do the things I enjoy I will do them. Cocktails with the girls is fun!

Good food, good drink, laughter and relaxation is good medicine.

Each to his own but if my future wheelchair doesn't have a cup holder I will be extremely disappointed.

J
          Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

Originally posted by tommylee View Post
            I almost never drink now.
            Not because I have a moral problem with it or a problem with drinking too much.
            The problem is alcohol makes me feel like crap so I quit drinking it.

I miss it some but it is not worth the head-ache and increased symptoms it seems to give me.

If it makes you feel better....Drink up! (I would, if it made me feel better.)
            Hey tommylee! Haven't seen you here in awhile!

I have to agree. If drinking helped me, I would be all for it. My version of M.S. involves feeling permanently hungover, so why amplify that wretched feeling? I think I drank enough in my 20s to evenly spread over a full lifetime!

Feeling MSey with no relief is a drag, so whatever gets anyone here though the night, I'm for it!
            Tawanda

Comment

I drink Chardonnay, two or three glasses a night. I am healthy with MS and 55 years old. I don't take any meds that affect my liver and if I did I would likely cut down to one glass. Maybe.
              Take care, Wiz
              RRMS Restarted Copaxone 12/09

Comment

I REFUSE to give up my Bud Light Lime. I did "go dry" for six months, but at "almost 62", life is just too short. My MS continued to progress, so not drinking wasn't slowing it down. I now enjoy each and every can!

Comment

Working...
                X