FREAKING OUT!! HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FREAKING OUT!! HELP!!!

Hello... I was diagnosed with MS about 1.5 years ago, been on copaxone with little problems/issues. A few weeks ago, I noticed that the left side of my bottom lip, chin and tongue was "tingly." Just so happened to have an apt. with Neuro. coming up, he says not related to MS. So I went to the dentist (my brother in law) who noted a small shadow on my jaw xray and sent me to the oral surgeon. I had a small BEGINE cyst in my jaw years ago removed at the same time as my wisdom teeth. Oral surgeon says most likely "not a dental problem, cound be brain/nerve tumor..." AHHHH!! He has been talking to my neuro and now I am having MRI on Tuesday pm.

I am just SCARED TO DEATH that I have a brain tumor. I know this isnt common (only 27 years old) but I just have bad luck when it comes to my health. Anyone else every have facial numbness, tingles?? Please say an extra prayer for me...MS symptoms I can handle, hope that's all it is.....thanks for reading!!

My entire lower jaw, chin and lower lip have been pretty much numb for almost 2 yrs. I have also seen a number of people in here with same thing.
    Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

I have had my entire face become numb and no tumor. And it was indeed caused by MS.

You will have an answer on Tuesday if it is serious because a radiologist will look at the pics that day and call the neuro ASAP who will in-turn call you.

I will keep you in my prayers, but I seriously think this is MS acting up. Try not to dwell too much on it this weekend.

Katie

Comment

You're in for a long weekend. Nothing I can say will make time pass faster until you have an answer.

Here's something you don't hear everyday - I hope it is MS- related.

Whatever has happened has already happened. Worrying won't change anything.

There, that was my Buddhist moment. Good luck.

Comment

Sorry you're having to worry about this.

I have had one sided tongue and facial problems for many years. Sometimes tingly, or numb, sometimes it just hurts.

No brain tumor, but a lesion that affects the cranial nerves. Make sure you ask the neuro to inform the MRI facility (or you can tell them yourself) what symptom you're having investigated on the MRI...that way they can take special care when examining that part of the brain.

In the meantime, use the search function at the top of the page and do an advanced search for "tongue" in the title of threads. You'll find many folks suffer from tongue problems...it can be an MS symptom.

Comment

LKJ.RPH.....Hey, i just want to tell you, I know exactly how you feel. 5 years ago, when I found out I had M.S... It all started because I was having some vision problems in my right eye, I went to a reg ophthalmologist, a friend, and she looked back behind my eye, and said she see's a "Large Growth" and that it could possibly be a Tumor.... My father had just passed away 3 months prior from the big C word, so that freaked me out even more.... Well, long story....That "Large Growth" turned out to now be "Optic Neuritis"...Which then turned into MRI's, Spinal Tap, and EKG's...Then good ol' M.S. So what I'm trying to say is, Just take deep breaths, stay positive and you came to the right place for support..!! Hang in There...

Comment

The right side of my face went numb 4-5 weeks ago now my whole face is numb, still waiting to get in to see the Neuro, so have an idea of how scarey that is. Just know you are not alone, and if you do a search on this site for facial numbness or numb face, you will find there are alot of posts about it.

Hope you feel better soon
              Kathy
              2004 pos/MS 2006 Pos/MS also Pos/Crazy 14/01/2012 here we go againDx RRMS 21/06/2012

Comment

My first symptom was numbness on the left side of my face; it started gradually and just spread. Dentist said see a neuro, primary doctor said it's the 5th cranial nerve and see a neuro. Neuro agreed it was 5th cranial nerve. I said what could cause this and he said, "could be a virus or tumor".... well, I spent the weekend in great anxiety till an MRI could be done.

When it showed lesions and the neuro said "it's MS" I was so happy to not have a tumor that I grinned like an idiot. Then started learning more about MS, but still glad it wasn't a tumor. The waiting was hell.

The neuro actually tagged the facial numbness as Trigeminal Neuralgia, but I had no pain. He said I was lucky to have no pain. So, I think my journey started right about where you are now.

Comment

OMG please keep posting! Your comments have already calmed me down. It's nice to know that you are not alone in this mystery of MS...what a supportive place, thanks again!

Comment

I know it's scary

but please try not to worry about it being cancer.

Before my DX I had been suffering from on and off heavy legs and ataxia for several months then, all of a sudden, my left leg went numb and the right side of my head went numb.

I've got a tiny frame and ginormous boobs plus, having been a professional student for most of my life, often carried half my body weight in a backpack so our first thought was that I might have a pinched nerve...

So I went to an orthopedist. He checked out my spine and said it was perfectly aligned so he sent me for a lumbar spine MRI. The radiology report stated that I had, "lesions indicative of either demyelination or tumors."

Scared the freaking crap out of me!!! But, at the end of the day, it's just MS. Hey, I'll take it over a tumor on my spinal cord.

And I'm sure it's the same deal for you. Good luck!
                    Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Comment

I have tingling in my roof of my mouth towards the back by my throat and my lips tingle too. Weird sensation but totally MS related.

Comment

Stay busy

Watch movies, read, sew, play games on your computer what ever will keep your hands and mind busy. From the queen of worry-it will only make it worse.

Comment

Working...
                        X