Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victory!! support animal has been approved:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Victory!! support animal has been approved:)

she comes home saturday. best thing that has happened in a looooong time!
    dx: RRMS 9/8/11 copaxone 12/5/11

Excellent! Have fun.

Comment

great

I think that support animals are great. I am glad that you were approved. I am sure that you will appreciate her/him very much.
      God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

Please keep us updated on your new addition... this is just wonderful news and sounds like a win-win situation for both of you!
        RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
        "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Oh! fantastic. I'd love one,what prompted you to seek a support dog? I have a little Carin Terrier,but all she does is keep me company.She's not trained for anything,& at 10lbs.
          she couldn't fetch anything big! LOL.
          Keep us posted, God Bless Nona Judy

Comment

Fantastic news!!!!!!!

Comment

Nona,

companionship and comfort for those with disability are exactly what support animals are all about. they don't have to be trained to do anything. service animals are the ones that are trained. your cairn terrier *is* your support animal! in my case, i would not have been able to keep a dog without the prescription, so i got it. you can get a prescription too but the only thing it does is allow you to keep a dog in your home (if you rent) as a reasonable accommodation.
              dx: RRMS 9/8/11 copaxone 12/5/11

Comment

As I posted on another thread, I recently read that Balance Dogs have been approved as service dogs, so that if you have a trained balance dog, you can bring it just about anywhere. Now, a small pup might not help with balance so much....lol.....

Comment

I'm so happy for you!!! I just recently met a service dog for someone with MS and he was incredible! He picked up canes, keys, opened doors, turned on and off lights and all sorts of things.... not to mention helping with companionship as well as balance issues. Good luck with your new friend
                  1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                  Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Great news.. I have an older dog and while he isn't a trained dog, he helps me get up the hill to take my garbage out. Maybe he knows deep down I need the help, I found him about 7 years ago thrown out and he's my buddy!

Comment

congratualtions!, they seem to be very tough to get here which is a pity and they will not recognise a privately trained animal and yet i have seen them in action switching on lights, opening doors, getting items etc and that sort of help means so much, but here you can teach your own pooch to help you as you need but they have no legal access to places that official dogs have

let us know how things are going, i;d love to hear how it changes your day to day life

Comment

I am so glad this worked out for you!

Your baby will be your best buddy for years to come.

Katie

Comment

Working...
                        X