On the record decision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the record decision

I know this should probably be posted in the SS....however, , I want to know if any of you have been through this. I may also post in SS forum.

I was scheduled for my hearing before the administrative law judge for this friday Feb 3.

I received a call today from my attorney's office telling me that I DO NOT have to go to the hearing on Friday as the judge made an "On the Record Decision".

I asked what that meant and I was told I would have to wait to receive paperwork in the mail. However, she also told me that she never heard of it being a bad thing, but could not tell me I was approved, just that I have to wait!!

Does anyone know if an On the record decision is ALWAYS favorable??

I don't but I wanted to wish you the best of luck.
    Anita

Comment

I googled "On the Record Decision" including the quotes and came to an article that says "...Essentially, the claimant is awarded disability benefits on the basis of the record (i.e. the medical records) without the need for a formal hearing...."

Comment

I too am not 100% sure, but I believe they would NOT rule against you without giving you your say at the hearing. I would imagine they would only need to hear from you personally if the records were inconclusive. So I would be feeling quietly optimistic if it were me
        Good Luck
        Kathy
        2004 pos/MS 2006 Pos/MS also Pos/Crazy 14/01/2012 here we go againDx RRMS 21/06/2012

Comment

congratulation!
          xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

on the record decision

Back in 2007 I was going through the ss disability process (for bipolar I with complicating factors). In February I was told my hearing would be ~October of that year. Then in April my attorney called me and told me I had been approved by the judge after she reviewed my file. when I got the paperwork it was in fact an on the record decision. I don't think they can rule against you with)out giving you (and your atty) a chance to say your piece. My atty, who specializes in disability, said it rarely happens and to be grateful, I was and still am!

I think it is a very good thing. You can always go online, get the phone # and give them a call. Be prepared to be on hold for a bit but they do have lots of info. GOOD LUCK!
            M.
            A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
            Albert Einstein

Comment

thanks for the responses.....
              I want to be soooo excited, but part of me wants to see it on paper before I celebrate (how sad is that, celebrate being labeled disabled) Wow! that just hit me wrong...so sad
              DX: RRMS Jan 2010 -- LDN: Mar 2010-Dec 2010, Tysabri: Feb 2011 reaction, Gilenya: Aug 2011 reaction, Copaxone: Oct 2011 reaction, Tecfidera: May 2013 reaction

Comment

Keep an eye on your bank account, alot of people get the $ in thier account before they are notified that they were approved.
                Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

Originally posted by daisy.girl View Post
                  thanks for the responses.....
                  I want to be soooo excited, but part of me wants to see it on paper before I celebrate (how sad is that, celebrate being labeled disabled) Wow! that just hit me wrong...so sad
                  You are celebrating making it through the SSI system....And that is a lot to celebrate.
                  Anita

Comment

you know, I don't even remember what bank account information I gave to them. I started this process clear back in 2008. I think I have changed banks since then....I will have to call SS in the morning.

Any idea who I call?
                    DX: RRMS Jan 2010 -- LDN: Mar 2010-Dec 2010, Tysabri: Feb 2011 reaction, Gilenya: Aug 2011 reaction, Copaxone: Oct 2011 reaction, Tecfidera: May 2013 reaction

Comment

I received the letter today. Fully Favorable!!
                      Now, I just have to wait for the rewards letter to tell me how much I will get monthly, how much back pay, and how much my lawyer will get!

Comment

Congratulations, Daisy! Very happy for you, although it certainly took long enough! They back pay you to whatever date is on your application, so if you know what that is you can kind of figure it out. When I went for my interview, my SS person told me exactly what I would get based on my earnings plus some top-secret-I-would-tell-you but-then-i'd- have-to-kill-you kind of thing. Your lawyer will probably know since that's probably a factor in his/her fee.

Congratulations again!!
                        Diagnosed June 2011, Avonex 7/11-12/11

"We don't describe the world we see, we see the world we describe"

Comment

Call your local SS office they should be able to tell you all of that info. I got it from the office and had my daughter signed up and spent 1/2 the money before I every got a letter.

GONGRATS !!!!!
                          Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

Working...
                          X