Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there such a thing as a cognitive issues only flare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there such a thing as a cognitive issues only flare?

Just wondering whether the cognitive stuff can stand alone (ha) or if it's always tied up with all the other delights of MS.

I'm thinking fatigue, heat, general depression, most drugs-R-us make it worse, but steroids seem to make it better.

Or would steroids have the same energizing, clarity of thought if a tad sleepless affect on anyone?

Not roided up at the moment. Words are going missing mid sentence when I'm speaking. Nothing else unusual.

Thank the Lord I'm not a talkback radio host.

if you were using tysabri, cognitive issues like that are the most common early symptom of PML..so yes i think it can be a "cognitive only flare". then it goes to has this been lasting at least 24 hours and is it disrupting your life enough to do steroids? with the negative effects of steroids.

at least a few relapses, i did not recognize they were a relapse until they improved...then i knew that they must have been. they got worse then improved;relapse.

so write down the dates when you noticed things changing and write the dates if you notice them improving & be sure to tell your doc at your next appointment if you don't do steroids right now.
    xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Working...
    X