Relapse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relapse

I had a major relapse in late December. I've improved a lot since then but when will I know if I have permanent disability? I thought I'd be walking and writing better by now. Am I being too impatient? No-one knows I'm concerned but maybe it's too soon to be concerned.

I am probably not the right person to answer as I am not officially diagnosed. My first flare took me 6 months to get back to "normal" (walking without using my cane) and that was with a lot of hard work with physical therapy.

I'm going through a flare now and hoping it won't be that long this time. For me, I've never gotten all the way back to normal- but normal enough that others don't notice, if that makes sense.

Are you doing physical and occupational therapy? If not, it would be a good idea to get set up with it if you are concerned. It helps a lot!
    Erin

doing the Limbo since 2005

Comment

My neuro says nerves can be healing for as much as two years after they're damaged....
      1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
      NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

Relapse

I walked around the block today for the first time in 6 weeks. Guess I just have to be patient and yes I am seeing a Physio...thanks for replies.

Comment

Originally posted by ElizabethMW View Post
          I walked around the block today for the first time in 6 weeks. Guess I just have to be patient and yes I am seeing a Physio...thanks for replies.
          Woo! That is awesome. Hopefully you will get more and more of your body back.

Comment

Some times it depends on what disease modifying meds you are on too! and if they work. The CRABS didnt work for me. I had major attacks every 3- 6 months for a couple of years I had steroids a bunch of times, gained 45 pounds, had a bad review at work, and was hospitalized 2 times before I was willing to try Tsyabri, Tsyabri finally has worked for me and stopped the relapses. At least I havent had one this year.
            However I am now on permanat disibility because I never got better from the last attack. But I havent gotton worse either!!

Good luck to you!
            LZMOM

Comment

I have had what I call the Mother-of-All-Flares. Lasted several months. I don't count the little ones...I just wait those out.

Anyway, I had what the neuro called permanent damage to my left hand in 2007, two years after the flare. There was no feeling in 2 of my fingers and thumb. They told me that it would never come back.

Well last month, 7-years after the flare, I have complete feeling again in one of those fingers. So...you can still heal...even after 7-years.

I know fingers don't seem like a big deal, but it was to me considering I was left handed. Although I will say my brain quickly re-routed all primary functions to my right. Even so, what a great Christmas present.

Katie

Comment

My first flare (that I know of) lasted the last 7 months. I have not been diagnosed, however that horribly long list of things that need to be ruled out...has. Which means that I will "more than likely" "probably" "eventually" get the MS ruling.
                Anyways, I have been off the board for the last 3 weeks. Doing great (except I can now feel the fibromyalgia pain again). Remission???? Until yesterday, I am starting to feel the "stuff" creeping back. Not sure if this would qualify as a relapse since each symptom just says, "Hello, I'm still here" and then goes away after an hour or so. We'll see.

One of the best things I've gotten from this board is know that, there is no knowing for sure. We are all so darn different. (Yes frustrating too!) However, it does become day by day. Sometimes minute by minute.

Comment

Working...
                X