How Bad does your Relapse get before getting help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Bad does your Relapse get before getting help

For those who have experienced a relapse, what symptoms prompted you to determine you needed steriods?

I am just getting over a stomach virus, but now last three days I am having severe numbness, nerve pain and extreme weakness. These are much more than my "normal" and has lasted three days with no relief...

Do virus cause temporary increases in severity of symptoms or can this stomach thing have caused a relapse?
    Should I wait it out or what?

What symptoms and describe severity that prompted your call for further intervention.

Thanks

24hrs

For me...if its more then my normal, I call my Neuro after 24hrs per orders. I'd rather be told to calm down then wait and see if it gets worse. I will say that different things make me wait maybe 48hrs... I don't wait however if the numbness comes on. I can't wait to see if I lose my legs again. With 4 kids, hubby, dog and 1 car...I act when the numbness comes.

With that being said though YOU must decide if you feel like maybe doing steroids. If you don't do them then I would still call the Neuro or Dr. to see what they think. Its better to call IMO.

Hope you feel better soon all the way around!!!

isamadjul
    (allyson)
    DX 10/10, JCV postitive by a lot (said Nuero lol), Betaerson, Gilenya, Tecifidera, Aubagio now on Ocerevus

Comment

A fever that often comes with a virus, does cause a pseudo-exacerbations with MSers that are heat sensitive.

But it is not safe to Assume it’s a pseudo-exacerbation, many years ago I lost my diabetic sensei because he assume he felt like he did because of the flu he was fighting.
      I’d recommend checking your temperature so you can give that info to your doctor then call your doctor.

Likely he will prescribe a steroid pack just to be safe, and will not put you on an IV treatment.

I was injured twice last year and both times I got a steroid pack just to be safe, just to boost it a little I recommend a extra-strong anti-inflammatory diet until you feel better.
      Give life meaning, live life by the 9 Noble Virtues.

Comment

I called my neuro this week after 4 days of increasing sensory issues and calf tightness, but I'm still walking normally and am otherwise totally functional. I wasn't sure I should call, but they were surprised I let it wait.

I agree with the others--a virus/fever can cause a pseudoexacerbation, but it doesn't hurt to call and get a professional opinion.

Comment

I've got a supply of prednisone, to use if I really think I need to. It does work for me, but not for longer than I take it.

It's nice to know it's there, like a few other pharmaceuticals I've got tucked away.

Comment

Working...
          X