Denied 4 Times Already

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denied 4 Times Already

Hi everyone, I have been fighting what I call my disability battle since March of 2009. That is when I first applied for disability. I do have a lawyer but I have been denied 4 times. I have already gone for a hearing in front of a judge and everything. We won't expect another hearing until February or March of 2013. I don't know what to do. I have even contacted my Congressman. Am I on the right page here?

Bug, you noted you had a lawyer, is he EXPERIENCED in dealing with SSDI?

I went thru garbage and more garbage before I got a lawyer. Then I got a lawyer and he was great and knew just the right issues to bring out a the hearing. For me, getting a lawyer was the KEY. I consider myself lucky in that he seemed to KNOW what he was doing. Not all lawyers are created equal.

There is no such thing as an all purpose, one atty does all things well. Much like doctors, many specialize, a lawyer that may be great at some things and not so stellar at other aspects of law.

Would you want your fam doc or neuro doing open heart surgery? Sometimes its the little specifics that matter most. MY lawyer hit on the specific reason WHY I could not work. Just because something makes it hard for you to work, its what makes you UN-able to work that they are interested in.

I went thru vocational rehab in Orlando in the early 80s, they simply blamed ALL my neuro issues on my diabetes. Diabetes in and of itself does not qualify or make a person UN-able to work. It did not really matter WHAT (in my case the thought to be diabetes complications turned out to be MS, not Dx till decades later) the underlying disease or handicap that is causing the situation.

Good luck, it can be a long hard haul... Do NOT give up, if you do give up, time alone (clock is always ticking) could eventually make you ineligible based on enough work credits within the required time frame etc. IF you do eventually get your SSDI, that back-payment check will be great. I had enough to make a good down payment on a house.

Gomer

Comment

Working...
    X