Progression Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progression Question

Is it possible for MS to progress with a stable MRI? I am experiencing new SX and my usual SX do not seem to go away. It is starting to get on my last nerve. Pun intended.
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

It is always a possibility that the 'damage' just hasn't been noticed on the MRI yet. Do you know if they are doing layer by layer, or is it just a "quick snapshot" as I like to call it?

You could always have your MRI's reviewed by another radiologist, noting your concerns so that they pay extra attention. They are human beings, after all, and it could be that something was just missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Waydwnsouth1 View Post
      Is it possible for MS to progress with a stable MRI? I am experiencing new SX and my usual SX do not seem to go away.
      It's definitely possible to experience new symptoms without new lesions. And while sx can sometimes disappear after an attack, it doesn't mean they won't be back (also without new lesions).

If you're thinking you might have the Primary Progressive form of MS, you'd have to ask your neuro (but the odds are against it)...
      1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
      NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

Is it possible for MS to progress with a stable MRI?
        Yes, it is possible.
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Is it possible for MS to progress with a stable MRI?
          Hi Waydwnsouth:
          I'm so sorry to hear you're suffering so much. It's apparent how much trouble you're having because you asked essentially the same question only two weeks ago.

To everything the other posters brought up, including that inflammation sometimes doesn't show up on MRI as distinct lesions, I'll add this. MS is also a degenerative process, and early degeneration sometimes doesn't show up on MRI, either.

Comment

Working...
          X