The Little Things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Little Things

I am yet to be diagnosed, and see an ms nuero periodically. No evidence, but symptoms have persisted daily for almost two years now.

So, I don't know about everyone else, but for me at least: It's sometimes the little things that bug me the most.
    For example:

- Jabbing myself in the eye while trying to attempt mascara with tremors.

- Sitting down next to my bookshelf because my feet are too numb to continue browsing the book titles.

- Dropping the glass bowl and watching it shatter as it hits the tile floor.

- Having to hold my glass cup with two hands so I don't splash water everywhere.

- Forgetting what my friend literally JUST told me.

- Trying to figure out how to get outside for fresh air when I'm at an event and my vertigo is acting up.

Of course, the larger things are more important, and frequently these little things I find amusing. But sometimes, it's the day to day stuff that gets to me..

Love life, and am a very happy person, and am okay with my health situation.

But anyone experience the same feelings?

Ditto

I haven't even tried to wear mascara in 5 years!

Comment

I nicked myself above right eye then another time on right ear while shaving. Now use electric shaver. I usually check the day of week about 12 times a day. Fun ain't it?

Comment

A funny/insulting mascara story for your amusement... back in 2005 when Optic Neuritis hit me for the 2nd time, I had the bright idea that I could go to work while the steroids did their thing (stupid idea... this round of ON led to the MS diagnosis).

My youngest daughter, who was 14 at the time, offered to help me put on some eyeliner and mascara to go to work. I told her that I didn't want to go to work looking like Alice Cooper (yes, I know I'm dating myself... I'm 46) and she said....

"Who's she?".
        RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
        "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Some times the little things make me worse than the big things...I only wear earrings when my daughters are here to visit so they can put them in for me. For Christmas, I asked for necklaces with no ckasps cause I caqnnot fasen them.

Woke up this am and thought it was Sat...Putting up tree took me forvere cause of feeling issues. Sent dh to store ofr garbage bags cause I could not find them then found them in wrong drawer. Have to use a keyboard with my laptop cause I spilled coffe on laptop and keybopard does not work and I cannot afford a new one right now.

Just hang in there and come back here often. There are some pretty good ideas I have gotten from others.

JudySz

Comment

Working...
          X