Itching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Itching

Does anyone have a problem with itching?

I get itchy mostly at night. I sometimes it just itches and sometimes it feels like something is crawling on me and itches.

Like I said it mostly just happens at night. Same location, same clothes as the morning and afternoon. No foods that are different.

No particular place either. Sometimes it is the legs, back, face, hands, ect. One, all, or a combo.

I have also been a bit dizzy lately.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and for any comments you may leave.

Itching. Unbelievable. Everyone assumes that it is some bizarre neurological pschological phenomemon except , for me, there is always something touching my skin that does it. This week it's been those little tiny beige bugs called "no see ums" biting me and biting me. And Some allergies got on my eyes and I look like elephant man.

The only thing that helps is to keep everything clean. No perfume laundry soap and lots of lotions. If you are vigilant enough about it, I bet you can figure out what is causing it. The things I have to do to avoid it seem OCD, but too bad. Anything to prevent itching.

Comment

I will also get those itches. No rhyme or reason to them....just itchiness.
      Sometimes people will look at me like I'm crazy because I don't even realize that I am scratching my arm ferociously as I am speaking to them, or scratching my leg constantly all night long but it is an itch that you cannot scratch to make it go away. Sometimes it is entire body itches that drive me crazy.
      The one that really drives me crazy is when it feels like hairs rubbing on my face and I am always wiping them away but there is nothing there.
      DX 10/26/11

Comment

I get the neurological form of it from time to time.
        It starts as an itch but will get worse to the point of feeling like a burn, it also always happens in the same spots on my arms.
        I found good old OTC generic Benedryl (oral) takes care of it for me. I use the clear gel caps and one pill is usually good for all night.

Comment

The only itching that I attribute to my MS is always much 'sharper' than normal itching. The location (anywhere on my skin) is always pinpoint size, and the intensity varies from just noticeable to wanting to keep hitting myself there just to try to feel *anything* else.

Fortunately, it rarely lasts more than a few minutes...
          1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
          NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

i get "pin point" itching also. in particular, after i get out of the shower. i believe that it is due to the hot water and dry skin that flares it up. when i was in the midst of a flare, i would itch like this all day (less intensely) but the attacks after a shower are miserable. a couple made me late for class because i couldn't put my pants on! i ended up wearing jogging pants to class because i was afraid that other rougher materials would flare up the itching again. so glad i seem to be for the most part past all of that these days. i found that running ice cold water over my legs helped. also to prevent the dry skin as a trigger i always use lotion after a shower and if i start to itch i put hydrocortisone cream on right away. hope you are able to find some relief from the itching.
            dx: RRMS 9/8/11 copaxone 12/5/11

Comment

Originally posted by MarkLavelle View Post
              The only itching that I attribute to my MS is always much 'sharper' than normal itching. The location (anywhere on my skin) is always pinpoint size, and the intensity varies from just noticeable to wanting to keep hitting myself there just to try to feel *anything* else.

Fortunately, it rarely lasts more than a few minutes...
              That's what I have , I know the difference between a normal itch and an MS itch
              Ankylosing Spondylitis DX- Sept 2008, MS DX- November 2011,RRMS- 1-11-12, Copaxone -3-2-12

Comment

Ohhh the bane of my existence! I have a horrible stabbing pain, then a tickling, then the feeling there is water IN MY EAR. I could cry from this. I itched so much I damaged the skin inside my ear. My doctor gave me vicodin to combat this. Tyleonol and benedryl just weren't cutting it. There is also a spot on my chin and neck that are maddeningly itchy. I just swallowed my first pill and I cannot wait for the 'bugs' to stop crawlin....
                Dx: 2/3/12. 6-8 lesions right medulla/cervical spine. GLATIRAMER ACETATE 40 mg 1/19, medical marijuana 1/18. Modafinil 7/18, Women's multivitamin, Caltrate + D3, Iron, Vitamin C, Super B Complex, Probiotics, Magnesium, Biotin.

Comment

itching

Thanks for your post, I have itching from my right shoulder blade all the way down my right arm. It drives me crazy itches constantly don't know what is causing it but I was off my dmd for a week and had no itching, started back on dmd and itching came back immediately.

Comment

The side of my face was periodically itchy for weeks then one morning 3 weeks ago I woke up and that side of my face was numb, still is and has now spread to the other side and down my throught and into my scalp

I think I prefer the numbness to the itching any day...I would find myself absent mindedly scratching my face till it was red raw. Hope you find relief soon
                    Cheers
                    Kathy
                    2004 pos/MS 2006 Pos/MS also Pos/Crazy 14/01/2012 here we go againDx RRMS 21/06/2012

Comment

My maiden vicodin voyage

Well. The vicodin helped a little. I still itched like crazy. That stupid tickle feeling inside my ear and along my jaw. I may use my letter opener and dig around in there. Seriously, that vicodin made me loopy, and I took it last night! Im still woozy. I need relief, without the stoned feeling.
                      Dx: 2/3/12. 6-8 lesions right medulla/cervical spine. GLATIRAMER ACETATE 40 mg 1/19, medical marijuana 1/18. Modafinil 7/18, Women's multivitamin, Caltrate + D3, Iron, Vitamin C, Super B Complex, Probiotics, Magnesium, Biotin.

Comment

Working...
                      X