Hypersensitive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hypersensitive

I just wanted to share a funny thing that happened to me the other day.
    Like many newbies I am hypersensitive to any changes I feel or notice in my body. If I am having a "random- traveling-numbness-and-tingling-day", I certainly take note of it.

I was tutoring a student and started to feel this weird sensation on half of my tongue. Honestly it kind of felt like it was tingly, very similar to the tingly sensations I get which I know are caused by my MS. So I concentrated on it for a minute because it caught my attention. I am thinking, "oh no not another new symptom!". Just then I realized I had a piece of a string bean caught in my back teeth, and it was tickling my tongue. HA-HA. I had to smile.
    Sometimes I think we are all looking for the next shoe to drop. I'm certainly glad it wasn't anything. It makes me realize I just need to relax!
    ~seeuinct (Connecticut)
    Dx the first time: 10/25/11
    Avonex 1/12-10/12
    Revaluation of Dx 10/12
    Rediagnosis 7/14

know what you mean!

I can totally relate with the "waiting for the next shoe to drop" thing and thinking anything means "something"
    I had a cold/wet feeling patch on the bottom of my right foot. (similar to other patches I have had on my body)
    Turns out I had a hole in my sock.
    Had to smile at myself!
    Greetings,
    Lynne
    *undiagnosed and just hangin' in there somehow*

Comment

Welcome to the Club

See,

I love that story! I actually feel pretty confident in saying that you are not the only one (well, maybe w/ a string bean story ) to mistake a common ordinary thing for a new symptom. I know I have done that in the past; esp. when everything was so new. You're right; we become too alert in "looking" for these things. I'm glad it was such a funny story and helped you to just relax.

A person can get so caught up in the strangeness and unpredictability of this disease that everything suddenly seems to be a symptom. Sometimes, it is. Sometimes, it's just normal life.

Thanks for sharing your story! It made me laugh today, and laughter is always such good medicine! :-)

Comment

Working...
      X