Cellulitis on the face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cellulitis on the face

As if I need something else to deal with!! Over a week ago my face broke out it red bumps on the left side. I thought it might be shingles My primary doc sent me to the emergency. The ER doc said he didn't think it was shingles but Cellulities. He gave me 2 antibiotics and 1 pill for shingles just in case. I saw my primary on Monday and daysshe too wasn't 100% sure what it was. On Friday (7 days) I finished my pills. Concerned because my face was not total clear I called my primary and she extended the antibiotics for a week.

Has anyone every had Cellutitis? Today a patch of my face on left side is still red and very scally, I just want to pick on it but know that's not a good idea

Toot
    toot

DX 1986 currently on TY
    Copaxone 2003 to February 2015

Originally posted by toot2818 View Post
    Has anyone every had Cellulitis?
    Yep. No fun at all, but the antibiotics did their trick.

In my case the infection was in my leg, and I had to spend a couple of weeks mostly horizontal. It was for sure swollen and red for quite a while, but I don't recall any scaly action (but that was almost 20 years ago!).
    1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
    NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

um, if you finished antibiotics and antivirals and its still hanging around IMO, you should ask for a referral to a dermatologist where they can biopsy the rash and find out exactly what it is. treating empirically doesn't sound as if it worked. does it look the same or getting worse? or were the antibiotics helpful but just not a long enough course. if it hasn't improved with the treatment they prescribed i would be concerned. cellulitis can be very dangerous. especially if your circulation or immune system is impaired.
      dx: RRMS 9/8/11 copaxone 12/5/11

Comment

Working...
      X