Cost of Health Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost of Health Insurance

Hey guys! I admire everyone out there, and each of you remain in my prayers.

This is probably a repeated questioned, but I couldn't find it.

What have others done when they had to let their health insurance go because of the price of their premiums? My premiums keep climbing. Any suggestions?
    Melissa--Betaseron 2007-2010; Novantrone 2008; Tysabri 2010-2012; Rituxan 2012; Tecfidera 2015; Currently-No DMD

Healer is my GOD!

Have you looked into the options now available with the new health affordable care act?...you know the obama cares act?

or what resources your state has for getting high risk health insurance?

the new website integrates whats available in each state.

http://www.healthcare.gov/
    xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

I am now on State insurance for pre-existing conditions...no other insurance would accept me because of MS dx
      ........my premiums are over $1000 a month with a
      $5000 deductible................
      I am looking for employment ............with benefits..my friends all tell me to go to Starbucks for a job.....but with the brain fog I would be a very slow , confused Barista !!!
      I am lucky to have insurance at this point, been looking for a job with benefits for over a year........still looking. If it doesn't happen soon I will have to go without MS meds.

Comment

Also, look into programs by MS groups in your area. Some will offer one-time grants for patients, which might help pay premiums while you sort out your options.
        Don't forget to ask your doctors about help with medication costs. Sometimes by cutting that, you can save and help with premiums.

Comment

Originally posted by golfwidow View Post
          I am now on State insurance for pre-existing conditions...no other insurance would accept me because of MS dx
          ........my premiums are over $1000 a month with a
          $5000 deductible................
          I am looking for employment ............with benefits..my friends all tell me to go to Starbucks for a job.....but with the brain fog I would be a very slow , confused Barista !!!
          I am lucky to have insurance at this point, been looking for a job with benefits for over a year........still looking. If it doesn't happen soon I will have to go without MS meds.
          I have insurance but it does not cover my MS meds. Fortunately Share Soluntions put my in touch with Assist RX that actually gives me my Copaxone for free! Medical insurance is not the be all and end all. Call them! Shared Solutions--800-887-8100

Comment

For the MS Medications, and most of all, the Drug companies have assistance programs. The policy is that nobody will go without the Medication for Financial Reasons. It really does work.
            Bill
            Scuba, true meaning of Life! USS Wilkes Barre 91, USS Monitor 96, 97, 99 .. Andrea Doria 96, 98 .. San Francisco Maru 09

Comment

Working...
            X