Nothing Good EVER Happens -- Just a Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing Good EVER Happens -- Just a Rant

This is a rant. This is only a rant. Were this to be an actual emergency, I would probably still just post it on here, because it wouldn't make a difference anyway.

It just seems like there's never anything good. MS sucks, my husband doesn't get it, doesn't even try to. Not that I would expect him to truly understand what I go through, as I barely understand it on a day-to-day basis myself. More than not "getting it" though, he claims to "forget" that there are things I just can't or shouldn't do. I am continually asked to perform these tasks, and it just sucks to have to say no every time....to know that I can't do the things he needs me to do, the things my family needs. Furthermore, to have to explain the reason time and time again. Shouldn't you know by now?

And...work sucks. I'm the boss and I hate every minute of it. Entitled employees that know their jobs, but don't do them right anyway and then try to make lame excuses as to why it was done incorrectly, 3 people in a 4 person department all giving their notice in the same month for different reasons that have nothing to do with me or the job itself, just coincidence. That doesn't help. I am still left with only myself and 1 other person that will be totally self-sufficient in this department by the end of this month. (Did I mention that's a total of 112 hours/week that need to be covered)? I take the time to schedule interviews, for which candidates don't show.

Oh, and did I mention that my only child will be moving out of our home, out of our town for the first time in 3 weeks. This reduces me to a pile of weeping gooze on the floor.

A good friend told me yesterday that, in case nobody had said it, my feelings are valid. Great. That is soooooo encouraging. I almost wish they weren't valid. If that were the case, I could just fix myself, but all of these outside influences are just there......unsolvable as far as I can see it. I feel trapped and alone. I hate it here, and I am ready to just disappear. Mountains or beach, it doesn't really matter. My MS can just progress as it will, I don't even care.

OK. That is all. If you took the time to read this, thanks for listening. I don't expect you to have answers, for I have learned there are none, but it was nice of you to take the time to listen anyway.

You do seem to be having an avalanche right now. Life does seem to get in the way regardless of what's going on. Doesn't seem fair, does it?

I wouldn't even try to address your personal issues. They ARE frustrating, though. Your job...are you the employer?
    “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
    Diagnosed 1979

Comment

Come here.. and let me give you a gentle hug! If I were near, I would let you vent, cry, scream, till we laugh!! You're a girlfriend's girlfriend I can tell.

Work--yowzer..too much. Your hubby? Hmm.. something tells me that this is more than you having MS..another topic.. another time perhaps...still.

Yes MS sucks. Some things we just don't have control over and likes to surprise us. Our emotions are free, not right nor wrong.. just FEEL them.. which you are. BUT when overstressed everything feels worse, right?

Remember hearing "God only gives us what we can handle".. just really bugs me. BUT, perhaps it teaches me at least, that when it is too much to handle..maybe I should stop digging out of the hole, (only made it bigger anyhoo) and ASK for help.

Sometimes seeing a therapist to just vent and sort things out helps. AND then at some point, arrange for your hubby to join you for a session. NOT for him, per se, but to learn about and support what you are going through. Think he'd go to help you? Support you? (but it really IS for him..ssshhh)

Sorry.. continue your rant dear chipmunk5150.. in the meantime, know that WE care, understand the best we can and identify more than you know. Most of us have been to hell and back.. we're able to offer you comfort.

My email address is in my profile.. if you ever want to rant/talk privately.

Gentle hugs, Jan
      I believe in miracles~!
      2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
      Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Yes
        Everything about this sucks.

I am lucky that I have a very supportive wife. IF your husband really cares, he will take the time and make the effort to learn about your illness, and SUPPORT you.

If not, there isn't much you can do with him. You can only do what you are able to do, or it just doesn't get done.

My daughter, who will help out any way I ask, is talking about getting her own place this summer, and I said "go for it".
        I try not to impose my problems on her. She has her own life.

I am lucky at work also. Good support.
        But you are correct. The younger work ethic today stinks.
        It is all "what can you do for me?"

My wife is the only thing that makes this bearable.
        He sounds like a real putz.

Comment

Awww chipmunk5150, I am truly sorry you are having such a lousy time right now...big hugs coming your way.

I know what you mean about the husband "forgetting" what you can and can't do, mine does the same thing. Frustrating and depressing to have to explain it over and over. Bottom line is, they are not feeling it, so it's not formost in their minds...kind of sad I think.

Vent away dear, we are 'listening' and understanding and supporting you!
          Prob MS 9-14-04; Dx PPMS 9-16-11; RRMS 12-15-11
          Ampyra 10mg 2xday
          Copaxone 1/20/12

Comment

Originally posted by jbell2435 View Post
            I know what you mean about the husband "forgetting" what you can and can't do, mine does the same thing. Frustrating and depressing to have to explain it over and over. Bottom line is, they are not feeling it, so it's not formost in their minds...kind of sad I think.
            It's a 2-sided thing. I'm the one with MS at our house but I've more than proved to my own satisfaction that I can just as easily be the inconsiderate one. For example, she's wearing a boot for a bruised bone right now and I find myself walking 'with' her at full speed!

There are obviously many degrees of empathy, but no one can ever really know the totality of how someone else feels...
            1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
            NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

Now able to post again

So, I was completely unable to come back and post again after the last one. My level of frustration would not allow me to even come on and read the responses. I thank you all for listening and being there, and to some of you, I will be responding directly below.

Thanks again.

Comment

Not the owner

Originally posted by jazzgirl View Post
                You do seem to be having an avalanche right now. Life does seem to get in the way regardless of what's going on. Doesn't seem fair, does it?

I wouldn't even try to address your personal issues. They ARE frustrating, though. Your job...are you the employer?
                Jazzgirl,

I am not the owner, just the manager. I know I should be thankful to be able to work and have a job, but at this point I would be happy to have any job other than the one I've got or none at all.

Comment

I can identify with so much of that rant. My husband knows I have been going through this spell of dizziness for a few weeks, but when I told him I really could use a nap this afternoon, he said he a break from our two kids who were misbehaving in age-appropriate (2 and 4 year-old) ways, and he left to go on "errands." So much for my nap. And don't get me started about work.

Comment

Working...
                  X