What just happened to me?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What just happened to me?!

I was just walking down my hallway on the phone and all of a sudden something weird and scary happened really fast. I felt pressure in my chest and it felt like the floor was on a slant forward and my eyes closed and I felt like I may pass out.. it went away quickly.. but still really scary!!! Has this ever happened to anyone before? what the heck is it?
    DX:1/6/12 "Bad becomes better when worse happens."

***it also felt like my body shut down and restarted really quick

Comment

Originally posted by l0velee View Post
      I'm afraid to ask what you meant by that, but you're gonna have to figure out how to describe it to your doc (one of the more interesting challenges of this MS biz)...

For me, very few of my MS symptoms come and go so quickly, and I've never experienced anything like you've described so far, but I didn't want you to think no one was paying attention.

Yo, people! Can we get a little help for the lady, here?
      1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
      NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

I experienced something that might be similar, although I'm not sure, but here's what happened and what I attribute it to:

I can only describe it as blacking out for a matter of seconds while sitting at my desk. When I 'came to' I was frantically grabbing for my desk for something to hold on to, as though I were falling while sitting down.

My episode may have been an intermittent bout of Nystagmous or vertigo.

Comment

It might possibly have been what's called an "absence seizure"...they're not uncommon with MS.

Definitely something to discuss with your doctor, especially if it happens again.

Comment

Mark, It was definitely a strange feeling that was uncontrollable. I don't understand it at all. You're a sweetheart, thank you for posting! you made me smile

Sparky, Maybe you're right.. I hope you are. Unfortunately it felt more severe than being tired though Time to call neuro!

MSW, I know exactly what you mean! I get that often it's quite uncomfortable and odd feeling. Does it happened often to you?

Sequoia, That seems like it would fit. Im going to do some research on it and talk to my neuro. Im glad i wasnt driving during this "episode". So unsafe!

Thank you to all of you youre all sweeties Im going to call the neuro and tell them it has gotten me worried.

XOXO
            Lee

Comment

Something similar happened to me in September. I was walking, got very dizzy and all my extremities went numb! Like yours, this only lasted for a moment or tow. Before this happened I was not yet diagnosised with MS, though MD said it was a possiblity (possibility for about 3 years). When this episode happened, I called my Primary and asked for a Lumbar Puncture. She referred me back Neuro (who I'm starting to have doubts about), he did an LP, and came back positive. It is a scary feeling, isn't it?

Comment

l0velee and sequoia, my first dx was epilepsy. One of my ms doc's and after lots of reading, it seems that approx. 2%of the MS population present with seizures.

My ms was dx'd approx. 7-10yrs after the epilepsy dx. My current ms doc is not very interested in probing my complicated ms history, but is agressive about treating my ms.

And of course epilepsy occurs in the non MS population. I'm not sure the relationship between MS and epilepsy has been sorted out.

l0velee, I hope you figure out what your episode was and that it's evaluated, particularly if it happens with any regularity.

Comment

I was just walking down my hallway on the phone and all of a sudden something weird and scary happened really fast. I felt pressure in my chest and it felt like the floor was on a slant forward and my eyes closed and I felt like I may pass out.. it went away quickly.. but still really scary!!! Has this ever happened to anyone before? what the heck is it?
                  Yes that's happened to me before. Scariest feeling ever. Felt like I was leaving my body. Like everything stopped for a moment and I was going to pass out or something worse. Thankfully it passed and even though it felt like it took forever it probably only lasted a moment or two. That's happened to me twice, once when walking and once while sitting. And now that I think about it...I've never mentioned to my neuro. I guess I should.
                  Diagnosed December 20, 2011
                  Avonex: February 10, 2012 - March 16, 2013
                  Tysabri: June 28, 2013 - May 23, 2014
                  Betaseron: August 15, 2014 - March 10, 2015
                  Aubagio: June 18, 2015 - current

Comment

Seizures

Hi-

I have a lot of experience with seizures, both personally and runs in my family. And I have had to do a lot of seizure interventions. And I am not a doctor, but this to me does not seem like a seizure.

In my experience seizures (and there are several types) tend to cause one of two things to happen, either 1) complete loss of consciousness, flopping like a fish is not necessary or 2) people zone out...they have no idea what is going on...you are not physically aware that something just happened (but those around you sure are).

This sounds more like a severe case of Vertigo caused by stress or maybe being overheated? Also maybe low blood sugar or a drop in blood pressure. I don't know, just my two cents.

You need to talk to your doc about it and if you have another episode, go immediately to an ER to rule out seizure activity. Seizures are serious (any kind) and need to be treated.

Cheers--Katie

Comment

Well all Im still waiting for my neuro to call me back. It hasnt happened again so far but Id definitely appreciate a call from the neuro! The secretary is snotty so Im not even sure if she got any of my messages. I hope none of you have no go through that! I dont know what it was but as soon as I find out ill report back to everyone. Youre all so sweet and I really appreciate the support and replies. Im not thinking it was a seizure because for the most part I knew what was going on.. Noone was looking at me so I dont think anyone noticed.

xoxo
                      Lee

Comment

Hi 10

It can't hurt to think of some healthy prevention stuff you could do for yourself while you wait. You know a lot of the things they tell you to do anyway. Good luck
                        [I]Tellnhelen
                        Progressive Relapsing MS

Comment

Sometimes Vertigo will hit me kinda like that. Anyway write it down so you can describe it to your Dr. Good Luck!

Comment

Vertigo, maybe? Sudden drop in blood pressure?
                            I cut my finger when I was a child, and had a black out at the sight of the gushing blood.
                            The funny thing was I didn't fall over, I just couldn't see anything. Literally blacked out, standing stock still, and feeling quite detached from reality.
                            Only lasted a minute.

Comment

Working...
                            X